crack on shell under door hinge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Boler
Idaho
crack on shell under door hinge

When I replaced the nuts, bolts, and brass ball on my door hinges, I noticed that the shell of my Boler is cracked underneath the hinge. The bolt is holding for now. It's a little wobbly and I'd like to fix it before it completely falls apart. I'll add some sort of metal or wood strip inside the door to give it some structure. But how should I fix the crack? I can't seem to find anybody with the same problem. It always seems to be the hinge on the door itself that people fill with something like Tech Steel. What's the best way to fix the crack and beef up the area so it doesn't happen again?

Thanks.
brownrecluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hi Jeff. A picture would help. Knowing exactly what you're up against will bring more suggestions. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #3

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Boler
Idaho
Ok. I get it back today or tomorrow from getting my new furnace installed. So I'll grab a picture to help. Thanks.
brownrecluse is offline   Reply With Quote