CT-13 Main Bunk bed hinge dimensions - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
CT-13 Main Bunk bed hinge dimensions

To All,
Thanks to all for the wonderful info I have gotten these last few months to help with my
restoration!

I am presently trying to replace the front bunk bed hinge in my '85 CT-13 and really want to
do it as accurately as possible. If anyone could measure their oringinal hinge dimensions
( LxW and it's thickness and knuckle width in inches or mms) it would really help in my hunt.
There is also one side that is bent 90 degrees but, I believe I can figure that out if I get the
other dimensions

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated!!!

don
'85 CT13
" Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch "
__________________

__________________
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
Posts: 174
The hinge is aluminum set 1 5/8" from edge of bunk. The hinge has an "L" shape with the flat part 1 3/4" and the "L" 1" offset from bunk with 2 3/8" on bunk. The flat part attaches onto the window ledge. Does this help?
Attached Thumbnails
2011-11-07_15-49-00_785.jpg   2011-11-07_15-49-46_81.jpg  

__________________

__________________
Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,522
Registry
See, Don,

Told you that you would get help here. The hubby and I can't help on this question, because we have a VT that has a very different bunk. It is a kind of hammock for the upper bunk.

CindyL
__________________
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Very Excellent Info, THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat B Ohio View Post
The hinge is aluminum set 1 5/8" from edge of bunk. The hinge has an "L" shape with the flat part 1 3/4" and the "L" 1" offset from bunk with 2 3/8" on bunk. The flat part attaches onto the window ledge. Does this help?

That really helps. The hinge appears to be positioned so as to give the
bunk the right height when folded up and bring it snug to the front bulhead when folded down. Now, to find a hinge that is big enough as 2 3/8" + 1" = 3 3/8" or probably 3 1/2" on one side that is needed to create the bend for the L shape. I Thank you and I really appreciate the info and your pictures!!!

Of course if anyone has one they wish to sell please contact me!
__________________
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
See, Don,

Told you that you would get help here. The hubby and I can't help on this question, because we have a VT that has a very different bunk. It is a kind of hammock for the upper bunk.

CindyL
You were right CindyL, Thanks!
__________________
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,522
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
You were right CindyL, Thanks!
Good luck with the hinge! I hope you have better luck than I had when I was looking for a replacement for the VT bathroom door hinge. It was broken, and I never did find one. Kevin fused it together with liquid weld, and we moved it from its spot on the door, so it did not take as much pressure. I think, if we have to replace it, we will have to have one fabricated.

CindyL
__________________
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Posts: 101
Hi Don; Heres the good news. I removed the bunk from my 84 CT. I kept the hinge. If they are the same you can have it.The Bunk itself was a cobbed up thing that was not original or worth keeping. I will take some time later today and apply the dimensions listed in the previous post. PM me when you get a chance. Mike
__________________
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
To All,
Thanks to all for the wonderful info I have gotten these last few months to help with my
restoration!

I am presently trying to replace the front bunk bed hinge in my '85 CT-13 and really want to
do it as accurately as possible. If anyone could measure their oringinal hinge dimensions
( LxW and it's thickness and knuckle width in inches or mms) it would really help in my hunt.
There is also one side that is bent 90 degrees but, I believe I can figure that out if I get the
other dimensions

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated!!!

don
'85 CT13
" Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch "
Don: I measured it and it looks good. Its only 30 inches long, shorter than I remembered it. Mike
__________________
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
Posts: 174
Don, my upper bunk plywood base has hinged wings to accommodate folding it down. If you need that info I could unzip the cover and check. My bunk will easily hold up to 200 pounds. Very sturdy. I am placing a pair of bunk sockets in my remodel to add a canvas child bunk/storage. Remember that the resulting bench when folded down is too narrow for a real couch. With the shelf offset, plywood, and mattress, the seat is only about 12" deep.
__________________
Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Fantastic news

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
Don: I measured it and it looks good. Its only 30 inches long, shorter than I remembered it. Mike
Mike, THANKS SO VERY MUCH INDEED! I sent you a PM, I hope you got it,
as I am new at that stuff. I will try again if it does not work, but, YES, YES, YES, that is wonderful and would really help!!!
don
__________________
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Very good info, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat B Ohio View Post
Don, my upper bunk plywood base has hinged wings to accommodate folding it down. If you need that info I could unzip the cover and check. My bunk will easily hold up to 200 pounds. Very sturdy. I am placing a pair of bunk sockets in my remodel to add a canvas child bunk/storage. Remember that the resulting bench when folded down is too narrow for a real couch. With the shelf offset, plywood, and mattress, the seat is only about 12" deep.
Pat B,
Thank you for the information, and your other info was very excellent as well. I have that hinged wing info from Bridget so I believe I'll have enough to go by. I did not know the couch seat would only be 12" deep, when folded down, so I guess that is why the PO removed it. But, I need the bunk so will have to live with that. If you decide to leave it out on your
remodel PLEASE keep me in mind as I would rather buy an original than
build one. I was going to make the plywood 5/8" thick. I know yours is all covered but does that sound about right without having to take your's apart? Thanks again!
__________________
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
Hi Don; Heres the good news. I removed the bunk from my 84 CT. I kept the hinge. If they are the same you can have it.The Bunk itself was a cobbed up thing that was not original or worth keeping. I will take some time later today and apply the dimensions listed in the previous post. PM me when you get a chance. Mike
Mike, I am new at this and not sure if I am doing a PM correctly. But,
ABSOLUTELY, that is wonderful news! If my PM did not go through maybe you could PM me so as to create the link.
Thank you very much INDEED!

don '85 CT-13
__________________
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
Posts: 174
I did the little table mod and will be adding a canvas sling bunk. It will use an air mattress for comfort. I used a 1x6 at the door to allow for a folding bug screen attachment and foundation for the bunk sockets. Next to the kitchen another 1x6 will act as a base for a shelf, bunk and seat back storage area. this will reduce the weight about 25 pounds. Not in yet or I would send you a pic.
__________________
Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,522
Registry
That is what the VTs have for an upper bunk, a canvas sling. However, we don't have the front couch. We have a 2-person dinette that becomes a single bed. Our single daughter uses the conversion when she camps with us.


CindyL
__________________

__________________
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bunk Hinge Placement on 1977 Boler Amy W Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 3 08-03-2010 10:29 PM
Bed Dimensions David Smith Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 7 07-22-2007 03:12 AM
Bunk hinge shelf/ledge thingy Valerie G Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 07-12-2007 09:54 PM
Bunk Bed JIM KRAMME Modifications, Alterations and Updates 8 07-25-2006 08:12 AM
Trillium bunk over main dinette? Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 06-11-2003 07:37 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.