CT has Running Watter! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
CT has Running Watter!

Running in threw the windows like they aren't even there. Oh well it's time to order the new seals and check the grommet on the solar panel wire. No problem on a shortage of things to do.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Oh Chris, our campers are old but goodies, so many of us have experienced the same thing with these windows. We can relate. I have used mine for a year now with leaky windows...just covering them with plastic while camping. You are making great progress.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Chris, the good news is that the places to leak are finite and many of us have already figured out how to fix them.

Mine had plugged up weep holes on the windows (you really need to get in there to make sure they are clean to the inner groove), the weatherstrip on the side windows leaked to the bottom of the window frame, and the bolts holding on the solar panel leaked.

Bob has some additional stories including upper clearance lights and stone pecks in the front. But you can fix it, just one leak at a time.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #4

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Chris, the good news is that the places to leak are finite and many of us have already figured out how to fix them.

Mine had plugged up weep holes on the windows (you really need to get in there to make sure they are clean to the inner groove), the weatherstrip on the side windows leaked to the bottom of the window frame, and the bolts holding on the solar panel leaked.

Bob has some additional stories including upper clearance lights and stone pecks in the front. But you can fix it, just one leak at a time.
Got all the above. Even a little crack on the nose! At least I have a starting point on the leaks.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #5

Georgia
Registry
Well it now lives on the carport and my 1970 bug(tow vehicle) is out in the yard(until I got the water stopped coming in). I plan to give one of e windows a shot with a VW window rubber. It looks like it will fit the bill very well. I go the fan in the roof fired up and put a blower blowing into the cabinet under the stove and out of the closet so it was circulating all around between the inner and outer shells to dry it out. After about 8 hrs it seems to be most of the way dry. I'll let you all know how the VW Rubbers work out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2538124085.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	54246
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #6

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
You're in good company. Lots of empathetic readers here. I've gone through the same thing with my Scamp this week. Wish I had a carport to put it under. I'm with you...tackling them one at a time. Just don't get discouraged. I did for a while and then started reading the forum and got new hope. With so much great support and ideas on this forum, we'll get-er-done!
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Water leaks drove me nuts on our CT. There was a flaw in the seam under the solar panel, wasn't the grommet or bolts, but where the halves joined. The usual window leaks but I replaced the windows and the weatherstrip. Leaks around the marker lights, another leak at a door hinge, and a stone chip down low in the front. It only takes a very small chip or flaw for water to wick its way in. Leakage at the stove vent in a blowing rain. My opinion is that you might better get the correct weatherstrip for the windows, but that's your decision.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #8

Georgia
Registry
Looks like I will be ordering the perfect fit seals. The VW seals are built for an inset lip on the body. Windows will not line up.