curtain problems - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
curtain problems

So we replaced the venetian blinds with curtains but with the curve of the trailer has the curtains about 2 to 3 inches out from the windows. Looking for suggestions for pulling them in at the bottom. I tried velcro but want something different. I am light sensitive and with the "midnight sun" we get up here cuts into my sleep time! I would use a lower curtain rod but how to mount it to the carpet or window frames (top curtain rod is attached to the remains of the venetian blinds)

any ideas out there

Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Do you have actual curtain rods in there like from home ( white rods with a projection to them) ? I have brass colored round rods that snap into a curtain holder bracket with pressure. They are riveted through the marine fabric and camper wall with 1/8" diameter rivets.

These types of rods hold the curtains pretty flush to trailer wall if you use a bottom rod also.

I'm not sure If marine fabric would hold up well with Velcro, but you could try that using industrial type for longevity.

During day if you wanted to open curtains just apply good pressure to bottom Velcro piece attached to marine fabric so as not to put strain on. But hey if you put Velcro on outer edges of curtain you still may be able to move curtain open and closed anyway!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
You could probably secure a bottom curtain rod using drapery hooks in your Casita's wall carpet. (Of course, for your needs, the pic is upside down.)
Attached Thumbnails
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Curtain Bottoms

Our window frames have steel screws in them. Ginny has put little bb sized magnets in the hems of the curtains and before going to bed presses the magnets against the screws to hold them close to the wall.

As to midnight sun problem, we've just learned to sleep with it. We were going to bed at 9 PM in Newfoundland and the sun was still up and it seemed to be still bright after the sun went down.

Ginny can sleep thru Sun or television. I do wake up with the early Sun, in NL about 5 AM.

We have double curtains but definitely not enough to keep the trailer from brightening.

We previously tried all kinds of velcro without success
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #5
Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
We are using the small white round curtain rods with the brass holders which I have modified and pop rivited to the bottom of the square part of the old venetian blind. We are going to put in a bottom rod and we think we will try the curtain hooks in the carpet to hold them in place. The top rail will get a pine vailance when I start building the new cabinet doors. Velcro is working for now.

The midnight sun up here is rough, sunset around 11pm and sunrise is around 5 am.

The wife can sleep though it but I am up at the first light
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote