Cushion Covers in Vancouver, BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hello,

I need to recover my Trillium cushions desperately, they are ugly and they offend my aesthetic sensibilities. Seriously, the covers are made from a thin cotton, orange & brown plaid design and my trailer is avocado green with taupe accents. See the problem?

The foam is reasonable so ideally I'd just like to find someone who can sew new covers, therefore I'm looking for recommendations.

Do you have any?

Cheers,

Danielle

Danielle Doucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Hello,

I need to recover my Trillium cushions desperately, they are ugly and they offend my aesthetic sensibilities. Seriously, the covers are made from a thin cotton, orange & brown plaid design and my trailer is avocado green with taupe accents. See the problem?

The foam is reasonable so ideally I'd just like to find someone who can sew new covers, therefore I'm looking for recommendations.

Do you have any?

Cheers,

Danielle

Apologies for stating the obvious, but have you considered local upholstery shops? Either home or auto should be able to help you out.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / 2002 Honda Odyssey
Danielle,

We found some very cool material online from a shop in Toronto called "tonic living".

http://www.tonicliving.com/index.asp

We were going to sew them ourselves to save some bucks but in the end decided to get them done by a pro and after shopping around the best deal was to get tonic living to make the covers for us (the local shops were several hundred dollars more). Shipping for us to send them the old covers as templates $13.

Kevin
Kevin Poll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Danielle,

We found some very cool material online from a shop in Toronto called "tonic living".

http://www.tonicliving.com/index.asp

We were going to sew them ourselves to save some bucks but in the end decided to get them done by a pro and after shopping around the best deal was to get tonic living to make the covers for us (the local shops were several hundred dollars more). Shipping for us to send them the old covers as templates $13.

Kevin
Oh wow, those are some sweet textiles! Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
I went on kijiji and found a sewing machine, then bought 12 yards of tough fabric and sewed 'em myself. wayyyyyyyyyy less expensive that having them made.

Used Singer 416: 70$
12 yards outdoor polyester print: 65$
Sundries: 80$ (zipper, fabric glue, needles)

+ TIME (ABOUT 1 hour per cover once you catch on).
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #6

Quote:
I went on kijiji and found a sewing machine, then bought 12 yards of tough fabric and sewed 'em myself. wayyyyyyyyyy less expensive that having them made.

Used Singer 416: 70$
12 yards outdoor polyester print: 65$
Sundries: 80$ (zipper, fabric glue, needles)

+ TIME (ABOUT 1 hour per cover once you catch on).

I am in envy of those that possess not only sewing abilities but also the desire to do it! Unfortunately I am not one of the lucky masses

Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
I found a person to do upholstery in our Boler via word of mouth and Craigslist. The upholstery shops were incredibly expensive. If you can't find anyone locally and are willing to come to Seattle, I could check to see if the upholsterer we used is able to take on another project. She did an amazing job. I bought 12 yards of remnant brown microsuede fabric online and the cushions look gorgeous.

Amy

Quote:
I am in envy of those that possess not only sewing abilities but also the desire to do it! Unfortunately I am not one of the lucky masses
Amy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
The Upholstery shops in Canada ARE expensive. I got mine from:

http://www.rvworkshop.com/cushioncov...tainprices.htm

Proces are great!

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #9

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Quote:
I found a person to do upholstery in our Boler via word of mouth and Craigslist. The upholstery shops were incredibly expensive. If you can't find anyone locally and are willing to come to Seattle, I could check to see if the upholsterer we used is able to take on another project. She did an amazing job. I bought 12 yards of remnant brown microsuede fabric online and the cushions look gorgeous.

Amy
Hi Amy, I live in Seattle and am just embarking on my renovation project. First on the list is new cushion covers. (we have the original covers but discovered a lot of icky mold on the inside of the vinyl parts especially) I would love to get the name and info of your upholsterer in the area. Its always nice to use local talent! Just out of curiosity, how much did the covers set you back? Thanks!

Ashley
Ashley B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #10

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
Interesting . . . .when the ex took the sewing machine; I went out and found a deal on a used Singer. Having grown up on a small farm; boys had to know how to sew.
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Hello,

Do you have any?

Cheers,

Danielle
I wish i would have searched longer for a person to sew. The upholstery shops here are very expensive but i did find a retired upholsterer locally. unfortunately she was a bit nutty and wasn't a bit pleased that i wasn't pleased with her sewing job. (they are pretty good, just not what i would have gotten at a shop) As for shops, i loooooove textile clearing house at 40th and fraser. they have some fabulous deals on upholstery fabric. their stock changes weekly as well, always getting new stuff in.
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote