Customized trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: In the market
Tennessee
Customized trailer

We are looking to purchase a fiberglass travel trailer and like several available on the market. However, due to a disability, I can not sleep in a regular bed. I sleep in a recliner. My wife sleeps in a regular bed. I am looking for a manufacturer who can modify the interior to one that provides both a bed and a recliner. I like the Lil Snoozy as it offers jack knife seating and a bed. I would want to remove the jack knife and replace it with a recliner.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #2

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Sounds doable! Why don't you contact Little Snoozy, and see how much they can customize. The interior of their trailers are quite roomy, and what you are suggesting could very well be possible by them.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
A manufactured know to customize their trailers is Escape Trailer Industries. Escape Trailer Industries in Chilliwack, British Columbia The only issue may be they have sold out on their 2016 production and are not taking any orders until January 2016 for 2017 production
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:34 AM   #4

Tennessee
Thanks. We plan o speak with the Lil Snoozy people. I was curious to know if anyone had heard of someone doing this.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:39 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Hi Tim, a Casita with the swivel chairs may work out for you with a change out to a recliner. Might make it a bit narrow in the center isle but something to look into. A good friend of mine has the same problem with sleeping and put a recliner in his cabover.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #6

Tennessee
Thanks. I'll check them out.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There is a person who has a 17' Escape and has made their bed into a recliner. Very easy modification.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #8

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigvatim View Post
We are looking to purchase a fiberglass travel trailer and like several available on the market. However, due to a disability, I can not sleep in a regular bed. I sleep in a recliner. My wife sleeps in a regular bed. I am looking for a manufacturer who can modify the interior to one that provides both a bed and a recliner. I like the Lil Snoozy as it offers jack knife seating and a bed. I would want to remove the jack knife and replace it with a recliner.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Tim, I own a Lil Snoozy, and feel that if you ask them to do half of a "twin bed" model, and substitute a swivel recliner for the other half of the twin bed , you may have something that would fit your needs. I know they state that they use a extra large door opening so an electric scooter could be driven into the trailer (they had a ramp option based off the rear bumper).
Best of luck.
Dave & Paula
Old 10-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #9

Tennessee
Thanks. The rear door was what drew me initially to the Lil Snoozy. So you think there is enough room for a swivel recliner? If so, I think that's the solution.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:35 AM   #10

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Tim, you can go onto the Snoozy website for their floor plan and get some dimensions for the recliner and you can probably figure out if/how it can fit. Might be worth a road trip to Snoozy in NC. ....but later after all the crazy weather is done with!
http://www.lilsnoozy.com/trailer-specs.htm
Old 10-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #11

Tennessee
I have been doing that. It looks possible but may need to modify the cabinetry that is across from the current Jack Knife sofa. I do plan to visit them but obviously now have to wait for their world to get back together!

Thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #12

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigvatim View Post
I have been doing that. It looks possible but may need to modify the cabinetry that is across from the current Jack Knife sofa. I do plan to visit them but obviously now have to wait for their world to get back together!

Thanks
Tim, they did modify the cabinetry for the twin bed model because sleeping would be front to rear. I would think that they could make a large single seat over the 35 gallon water tank, and allow your swivel recliner chair to take up space in the area where the other bed would have been, allowing your feet to utilize the space where the water pump and storage is. If you don't need 35 gallons, then perhaps they would do a 10 gallon to make a side dinette like that done by a Lil Snoozy owner (pictures are available on the Lil Snoozy Owners website).
Dave & Paula