Does a 10'x10' First Up clear the door on a Boler 1700? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #15

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
OK, Bobbie.
I just set it up in the drive way and the answer is 6ft2 at the lowest and 6ft5 at the highest. The poles cross so..
The last one I had I kept the canopy on the frame so I did on this one too. Not sure why everyone else take the canopy off? Fits right back in the case. It is very nice, bigger than my last one. I was thinking maybe a 12x12 but I think this one will work good. I will have to raise it up at least on one end. The end of the sq legs is 3/4 inch so something that is 3/4 will fit in there to raise it if you put it next to the egg.
There was a warning on it saying not to use next or near a Trails West camper! Not sure what that was all about but.

It has been years and years since I put one of these things up. And it came back to me. One person can do it with very little problem if they know how to do it. 2 peeps would be better but not worth asking the wife to help! If you know what I mean...

Old 06-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #16

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Now I have to go measure. And maybe set up the existing one to see what height it is. Thanks, Shawn. I haven't tried the canopy I have here by the door but I know the EZ up was too short. I suspect this is too, but the bed risers might do the trick.

I have a cheapo something or other here- EZ Up in Fresno but the roof is worn out. The one here is 8 x 10 and much easier to set up than the EZ Up. But I don't have tent walls or screen walls for either one, and I'd really like at least tent walls for those colder days.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #17

Florida
Now, what I am thinking (oh H*ll), I bought 2 of those sun sail shades (23.00) at Costco and if I can't (some camp grounds) put the Ozark up next to the camper I could put that off to the side for rain and sun protection and have the Sun Sails attached to it and the camper. Did you get to look at the Sun Shades? They are 11 ft 10 inches. Maybe not good for the rain but works for the sun.
Coolaroo Ready-to-Hang Shade Sail 11' 10" Triangle
Old 06-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #18

Washington
Registry
My door is at 71 inches so it looks like it would work. Hmm... I guess I should measure the existing one but since the idea is to get sidewalls it really may not matter. The EZ up ALMOST worked but not quite.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #19

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
OK, Bobbie.
I just set it up in the drive way and the answer is 6ft2 at the lowest and 6ft5 at the highest. The poles cross so..
The last one I had I kept the canopy on the frame so I did on this one too. Not sure why everyone else take the canopy off? Fits right back in the case. It is very nice, bigger than my last one. I was thinking maybe a 12x12 but I think this one will work good. I will have to raise it up at least on one end. The end of the sq legs is 3/4 inch so something that is 3/4 will fit in there to raise it if you put it next to the egg.
There was a warning on it saying not to use next or near a Trails West camper! Not sure what that was all about but.

It has been years and years since I put one of these things up. And it came back to me. One person can do it with very little problem if they know how to do it. 2 peeps would be better but not worth asking the wife to help! If you know what I mean...
...ummmm, no, we don't "know what you mean"....care to elaborate??
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #20

Florida
71inches? From the ground? Wow.
Well good on ya! I think Donna said use one of those pool noodles to go against your camper which is very smart. I will get one myself (thanks Donna). The rope lites comes with stuff to attach to the canopy if you buy from Wally World.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #21

Florida
I.. I mean duh... I mean...
My teleprompter isn't working right now ca I get back with you on that.........
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #22

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
71inches? From the ground? Wow.
Well good on ya! I think Donna said use one of those pool noodles to go against your camper which is very smart. I will get one myself (thanks Donna). The rope lites comes with stuff to attach to the canopy if you buy from Wally World.
Until you whack your head on it going in. It's a poptop so not full height at the door. Pool noodle is a good idea.

Old one is a Shade Tech and I can't find its dimensions online (company doesn't list an 8 x 10) so will have to try it out.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #23

Washington
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-541311043.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	60200

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2222429354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	60201

I set up the Shade Tech. Still love how easy it is to set up. It fit fine over the door. Downside is that I remembered how one long side would autodump rain water after it filled- that could be an issue. Bad part was that as I was folding it away and thinking how easy it was to fold, I noticed a broken part. One of the crosspieces had snapped where it attaches to the other one on the frame. I didn't put it back up to see how critical that was; I can probably duct-tape it and make it safe if not quite as sturdy. So much for lighter-weight.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #24

Florida
Bobbie
Why don"t you get the rivet gun and a pc of metal and fix that?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #25

Washington
Registry
It broke where the pin goes through- so it would be tricky to fix and not just weaken it more, and to fix in such a way that it would still fold easily. And I don't have a rivet gun. But it's pretty shoddy if it broke the fourth time I set it up. (Which this was.)
Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #26

Florida
Then time to buy a new one. They are cheap enough....
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #27

Washington
Registry
I'm looking at them now. I was all set on the Ozark trail until I realized the tent part only has one opening (screen room has two.)

So now I'm looking to see what else is available.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #28

Florida
You lost me Bobbie, tent part has only one? I am getting the screen and a couple of sides.
What do you mean the tent part only has one?

Tags
boler