Dolphin reno - V 2.0 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Registry
Dolphin reno - V 2.0

Still haven't met with insurance guy, but itching to start fixing up the Dolphin. I have been cruising through the forums checking out rebuilds and renos. Boy, there are some truly talented and knowledgeable people here!
A few questions while I ponder my course of action:

1- my bench seats are wider at the top than at the bottom. Since I will definitely need to replace the panels is there any reason not to make them straight up and down and put kitchen cabinet doors instead of panelling?

2- paint. Thinking 2 coats of either Kilz or BIN, then some kind of waterproof or mold resistant paint for all wood parts.

3- thinking of converting front bench to a mini dinette, but raising the seat about an inch to accommodate a higher flushable porta potti.

I am sure lots of people have done all these things. Any negatives that I should consider?
SeansmomSandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #2

Trailer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansmomSandy View Post
1- my bench seats are wider at the top than at the bottom. Since I will definitely need to replace the panels is there any reason not to make them straight up and down and put kitchen cabinet doors instead of panelling?
This style of dinette was popular to give extra foot room without reducing the depth of the seats. Are you sure you can give up that foot room without problem?
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #3

Ottawa, ON
Registry
Hmmm, good point. We have a 32 foot trailer parked seasonal. I should measure it and see what the "feet space" is. I also want to change the rear dinette to a U shape. So many plans, they all look good on paper
Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #4

Ottawa, ON
Registry
So I did measure the dinette in the big trailer. 23" floor space and 25" deep seats. The dolphin at the top of the bench is the same measurements. So perhaps I should be ok to go straight down from the top....