Dometic RM2202 Fridge Problem...won't get cold on propane but DOES - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Once more

Basic troubleshooting; ( propane)

1.Check propane pressure.

2 Clean jet. I usually do this first

Refrigerator will not operate properly on propane unless these two things are right.

If the propane pressure is too high your refrigerator can overcool and to low it can undercool.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #22

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Jeff.

I had a problem with my 2193 Dometic refrigerator while on my Alaska trip. It was doing exactly what you are describing after having been on very dusty roads. It never got hot enough to do it's chemical thing. I could hold my hand on the mechanism, should be too hot for that normally.

The solution was:

1. There is no flame adjustment on the 2193

2. Blow out the line and jet, which really didn't seem to have much dust/dirt. Didn't help.

3. Checked the propane pressure with both the stove and refrigerator on. The pressure was 9......it should be between 10 and 14.

4. Replaced the regulator, $19 and now the pressure is 12.

Refridge works great....like new.

The problem seemed to be that the regulator was facing horizontal instead of vertical. That allowed dust/dirt to get into it. Make sure your regulator is facing down.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #23

Name: Jay
Trailer: Scamp 16'
New Mexico
I have a dometic rm2201 refrig. Both the gas and electric thermostats have no numbers on them....which direction do you turn the to make the refrigerator colder? CW or CCW? Thanks
Islander34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #24

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
If you ever seen the size of the hole in the jet you will understand how much the pressure variable will effect the burner flame. The hole is about the size of your hair. When I first got my used Scamp I had a burner issue. I took it apart and found part of a spider web inside the burner causing a mixing issue. I also removed the jet and cleaned it and I also found the gas line coated inside with some sticky laquer type substance. So I flushed the line. While the flame now looked and worked great there just wasnt much heat comming out. fridge worked well on ac and dc but still sucked on propane. I upgraded my old decrepid propane rubber lines and replace the regulator at the same time and magically the fridge works extremely well. By eye you cant see the difference in the flame or its size. Unless you have a manometer and can check the gas pressure at the fridge with all of the appliances on you will never know if you have enough pressure to operate the burner properly. Volume of the gas is not an issue at the fridge like it is at the stove. Its how much pressure you have to blow the gas through that tiny little hole.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #25

Name: Jay
Trailer: Scamp 16'
New Mexico
I threw mine in the garbage; built in a microwave and cabinet in it's place and bought a Yeti cooler. No more aggravation.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Islander34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge