Dometic rm2354 fridge door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape
Dometic rm2354 fridge door

Traveling in Southern California and my door has broken off at the hindge. Does anyone have a door or a fix?

2006 Escape 17b
Attached Thumbnails
C3CD0C7B-AB16-4A58-8FB6-226BAEA92314.jpg  
Grant Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:28 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
RV Doctor George in Sacramento might have a used door. There are other suppliers of used parts too. If you have to contact Dometic, be sure you are sitting on the floor when you phone them. Sitting on the floor is the safest way to make this call. You can't fall off the floor, and when Dometic tells you the price of the replacement door, you most likely will collapse.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita
New York
Replacement hinges are available

Try pantherrvproducts.com
Stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #4

Name: Morgan
Trailer: Casita
New York
Registry
Little House Customs dot com has fridge door hinge reinforcement parts which work for the Dometic fridges they put in Casitas. You could contact them and ask if they would work on your fridge. I'm sure the price is much more reasonable than Dometic's
Morgan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #5

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Allen View Post
Traveling in Southern California and my door has broken off at the hindge. Does anyone have a door or a fix?

2006 Escape 17b
contact the manufacturer and see if the can UPS parts to repair it?? If they can make sure you find out how long it will take for them to get the parts to u.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Morgan is 100% correct, Dometic thinks very highly of their parts

I don't know if Larry's Little house plate will work on your door but here's a picture of it on my older Dometic.
It's fantastic as a preventative measure and might rescue your door.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Door_Plate.JPG  
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:22 PM   #7

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1977 17' Boler
Saskatchewan
Well I too have the the same RM 2354 fridge in my trailer. Was told by a good friend that the door hinges do break or crack as did yours. The main cause I was told was placing heavy objects in the door shelf and just the weight on the door and the vibration from the road causes this.

Will my fix was to place a support under the non hinged side. But what? Well I order the lower hinge foe the open side of the door. This part would be needed if the door was to open the opposite way. After the hinge was installed the weight of the door rests on the hinge support. There is also a hole in the bottom of the door that aligns withe the hole in the hinge. I found a pin and a long elastic and now more door won't jar open as well and no stress on the other door hinges.

Greg Boler77
Boler77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
there is a large used rv dealer parts guy in carthage mo he strips out wrecked trailers!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #9

Name: Jesse
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Hi, I came across your post about the fridge door hinge. We have the same situation, did you ever find a solution? I have called Dometic and I don't think they have the part anymore according to what they said. I have reached out via email to a few online resources I have found through Google. Thanks for any info!
Sarah
harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 09:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvest View Post
Hi, I came across your post about the fridge door hinge. We have the same situation, did you ever find a solution? I have called Dometic and I don't think they have the part anymore according to what they said. I have reached out via email to a few online resources I have found through Google. Thanks for any info!
Sarah
Your trailer is listed as "in the market" and you don't list the model number of your refer.
And your reply does not specify who your replying to
We need more information to help
Old 12-31-2021, 09:53 AM   #11

Name: Jesse
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romas View Post
Your trailer is listed as "in the market" and you don't list the model number of your refer.
And your reply does not specify who your replying to
We need more information to help
Yikes, I am sorry. I thought I was direct messaging the original posting person. My trailer is in the market! I was trying to fix the fridge door hinge that cracked just like the person who posted. The fridge is the same one Dometic fridge door RM 2354. I am sorry for making a confusing post.
harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:53 AM   #12

OK on my 1999 17' Casita SD that I have sold the bottom hinge broke off so first I glued it back on then installed the plate that Little House Customs sells to reinforce it but didn't put a plate on the top.
You guessed it, a short while later the top hinge broke.

In both instances the hinges broke when the trailer was just sitting in the driveway and not on the road

Tags
fridge