Don't know where this question fits in forums... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-22-2015, 04:56 AM   #15
Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 13 2014
Michigan, Blue Water Area
I had a friend / coworker who ordered a $20,000+ bass boat years ago. He paid the dealer up front and the dealership went under before he got his boat. He ended up getting pennies on the dollar after a long and expensive legal battle.

When we ordered our Scamp, we went to the factory to look them over and place our order. I had $13K in my pocket. I briefly thought I'd just pay them off and be done with it. I remembered my friend's experience and gave them the refundable $500 they required. I have total trust in Scamp, but you just never know what will happen. A few years ago they had a fire that totally destroyed the place. They rebuilt bigger and better than ever, but I'm sure there was quite a delay in production, and probably some concern by the customers on the waiting list.

Park liner is a very nice trailer. Like many here, I hope they make it. Most owners are very happy with them. Are you a gambler? Ready to roll the dice, and take the chance? Something to think about...

TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:16 AM   #16
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
I ran across this post in a different thread.

Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Thanks all - I have been in contact with him and discussing details - now I am being told PAYMENT IN FULL UP FRONT because it is a custom request - I do not think it is that custom - I would supply a 12v/110v fridge that will fit the factory hole and under seat a/c unit that will fit the factory hole, custom hinges, custom knobs, upholstery and flooring and there would be an ESCAPE REAR WINDOW not an escape hatch. They would delete curtains and rods, batteries, wheels, etc. which are all bolt on items that I would install them when I get there to pick it up and as I go along. He says a custom unit would be impossible to sell so that is why full payment is needed up front. I say it would not be impossible to sell - especially if he has a deposit for thousands of dollars - it would sell really quick for a discount.

In all fairness I think most manufactures would want the money up front if they would do it at all. Again, I hope it works out, Raz

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #17
Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Don't get me wrong, we love our ParkLiner but....
Ordering and owning one is not for the faint of heart. When we ordered ours two years ago, our order was never acknowledged - if not for my cancelled check for the $1500 deposit, we would not have known that our order had been received. Finally, after several phone calls and emails, Chandler acknowledged receipt of the order, agreed to a pickup date and promised to send fabric swatches as soon as he could pick them up from his supplier. I'm still waiting for them.

We have been through the tire rub issue, which led to the first BBB complaint against ParkLiner, filed by me. The matter was resolved when I received reimbursement from Chandler a couple of months after sending him my paid bill for having the wheel wells rebuild by a local body shop. In a later phone conversation, Chandler told me that he ignores BBB queries and any written requests go into the trash, unopened.

Our unvented batteries are still living in their original location, as a 1400 mile round trip to Gibsonville to have the batteries relocated is, to say the least, inconvenient. especially when you factor in Frank-A's experience with having this mod done last year. Since my (unwritten) warranty runs out the beginning of April, I assume that my rights (?) to have this mod performed at no charge will expire at that time.

My last several communications have gone unanswered, both emails and phone calls, so I have simply given up. I have not tried in months and won't waste any further time trying. I firmly believe that we are truly on our own.

That said, if you decide to proceed, I truly wish you luck. Just be aware that once ParkLiner has your money, you are at their mercy.
Brian M.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #18
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
When you are a company with NO MONEY, you are living one payment to the next. What if your money doesnt keep them in business long enough to build and deliver your camper?
Darwin Maring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 AM   #19
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Lets see ... Brian M put down a $1500 deposit 2 years ago and today they want ALL the money up front ??? Yes, your trailer has some special order items so a larger deposit might be in order. If they ask every customer for payment in full up front, they will probably scare most prospective buyers off and that will most likely mean fewer sales and even tougher times for Parkliner. I would not feel comfortable with this deal.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #20
Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Your gut is telling you all you need to know. Move on with your money. Many others businesses will treat you much better.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #21
Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
You might have a talk with their management and offer a modification in terms...suggest they agree to 50% down and balance upon delivery after your inspection.....if they do not agree let them know it is..NO SALE ! Then post the results on every RV BB on the net....make sure your satisfaction ( or lack of satisfaction) will be viewed by thousands of RV enthusiasts....that just might get there attention!

100% up front pre payment is something any attorney would advise against. My attorney would also insist on a delivery date with $$$ penalties for every day of delay taken off the final balance as part of the purchase contract. Because of their poor track record I'd avoid them like the plague!
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
After seeing the requested modifications in an earlier post, let's be fair and entertain the possibility that Parkliner recognized that building and delivering stock units was difficult enough and wanted to discourage the problems that their peeps might have with building in that many mods. PLUS... with that many mods a builder might incur more warranty and liability issues, already a sore point with the company.

But the buyer wanted to even bring his own wheels, curtains and batteries. I think that most of the modifications he wanted, with the exception of the different back window, could have been done with a "Delete Features" list, and installed after delivery.

As I now realize, that without ALL of the details, we might be being unfair to Parkliner, and hereby make a motion that we table this discussion until a lot more is known.

And that's my $.02USD worth
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #23
Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016

if your heart is set on this trailer order the standard one but ask to delete fridge and a/c the rest you could do at home .You need an extra wheel for spare anyway sell the other .The A/C is 5000 btu ask for a 6000-8000 btu whatever fits .

Lil Snoozy lets you send a 12 volt truck fridge which they install and 40% deposit Tell them about other mfg. Just my opinion JIm
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #24
Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016

I can't see why they can't delete
5-Check out Lil snoozy it has an escape window you might be able to put gas struts on and have that with a parkliner ?
6-I can see why they don't want to delete the wheels for moving around factory .like I said before keep one as a spare and sell the other
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #25
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Sending payment in full, up front is basically a no brainer....Not in a million *#^&!+% years.
Steve and Tali - Dogs: Reacher and Lucy and our beloved Storm and Maggie (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2008 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite & 2014 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite II
2014 GMC Sierra 6.2L Max Tow Pkg 4X4 Crew Cab
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #26
Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
I definitely agree with Bob Miller on this; Not a good thing - something doesn't sound right here. I'd go elsewhere. There are many other good choices for a fibreglass RV.
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #27
Name: Bill & Jeanie
Trailer: Currently shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Looking seriously at Parkliner - got pricing - since semi custom they want FULL PAYMENT UP FRONT - does this make sense? I was thinking it would be like a house - on a draw type thing when being built. % down, % when midway and final when done. What should I do? I do not feel comfortable giving all that money up front when communications have been difficult.
I've been trying to get in touch with Parkliner without success. I tried calling several times and left messages after getting no answer. I emailed and asked them to call me. It's been a week and I'm getting the idea they are not serious about their business. It is a shame as I do like many of the design details. I would be very leery about up front cash.
Bill in NC, looking for the next RV
wbullivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #28
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A Call to Reace and Tammy= Happy camper

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote