Don't know where this question fits in forums... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #21

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
You might have a talk with their management and offer a modification in terms...suggest they agree to 50% down and balance upon delivery after your inspection.....if they do not agree let them know it is..NO SALE ! Then post the results on every RV BB on the net....make sure your satisfaction ( or lack of satisfaction) will be viewed by thousands of RV enthusiasts....that just might get there attention!

100% up front pre payment is something any attorney would advise against. My attorney would also insist on a delivery date with $$$ penalties for every day of delay taken off the final balance as part of the purchase contract. Because of their poor track record I'd avoid them like the plague!
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
After seeing the requested modifications in an earlier post, let's be fair and entertain the possibility that Parkliner recognized that building and delivering stock units was difficult enough and wanted to discourage the problems that their peeps might have with building in that many mods. PLUS... with that many mods a builder might incur more warranty and liability issues, already a sore point with the company.

But the buyer wanted to even bring his own wheels, curtains and batteries. I think that most of the modifications he wanted, with the exception of the different back window, could have been done with a "Delete Features" list, and installed after delivery.

As I now realize, that without ALL of the details, we might be being unfair to Parkliner, and hereby make a motion that we table this discussion until a lot more is known.

And that's my $.02USD worth

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #23

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
parkliner

if your heart is set on this trailer order the standard one but ask to delete fridge and a/c the rest you could do at home .You need an extra wheel for spare anyway sell the other .The A/C is 5000 btu ask for a 6000-8000 btu whatever fits .

Lil Snoozy lets you send a 12 volt truck fridge which they install and 40% deposit Tell them about other mfg. Just my opinion JIm
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #24

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
parkliner

I can't see why they can't delete
1-cushions
2-fridge
3-A/C
4-battery
5-Check out Lil snoozy it has an escape window you might be able to put gas struts on and have that with a parkliner ?
6-I can see why they don't want to delete the wheels for moving around factory .like I said before keep one as a spare and sell the other
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #25

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Sending payment in full, up front is basically a no brainer....Not in a million *#^&!+% years.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #26

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
I definitely agree with Bob Miller on this; Not a good thing - something doesn't sound right here. I'd go elsewhere. There are many other good choices for a fibreglass RV.
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #27

Name: Bill & Jeanie
Trailer: Building camper in Ram Promaster van
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Looking seriously at Parkliner - got pricing - since semi custom they want FULL PAYMENT UP FRONT - does this make sense? I was thinking it would be like a house - on a draw type thing when being built. % down, % when midway and final when done. What should I do? I do not feel comfortable giving all that money up front when communications have been difficult.
I've been trying to get in touch with Parkliner without success. I tried calling several times and left messages after getting no answer. I emailed and asked them to call me. It's been a week and I'm getting the idea they are not serious about their business. It is a shame as I do like many of the design details. I would be very leery about up front cash.
Bill in NC, looking for the next RV
wbullivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A Call to Reace and Tammy= Happy camper
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:26 PM   #29

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
You might have a talk with their management and offer a modification in terms...
If I am not mistaken not only is the party he spoke with the manager he is also the owner of the company, Would be tough to go much higher up the ladder
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
A Call Reace and Tammy= Happy camper
Yep, yep, yep

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote