door on scamp 5th wheel - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Name: JW
Trailer: Casita
door on scamp 5th wheel

I have a different door issue than most I guess. My door is tight at the bottom to where scamp has put a metal bar at the bottom hinge side to guide the door shut. When closing, the bar pushes the door out to clear the pinch weld, Very hard to keep a seal in place there. The real problem issue is this:
When the door is latched, there is a gap in the seal at the latch area.
It appears that the body is sucked in from about 9" above and 9" below
the latch. Lookin down the side of the trailer with the door open you can see this also. You can see the belly band actually not in line with the belly band on the other side of the door.I thought if I could wedge something in between the skin and the oak vertical support inside the door, I could push this out to even up the door opening but I don't see how the skin is attach to anything. No screws etc. Anyone know what holds the skin at this area or what its attached to?
gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off