Double sided glazing tape - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

Name: linsey
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Double sided glazing tape

Hello all,

I need to tap into your amazing bank of experience, I’m re-doing all 6 of my 83 17ft Bigfoot windows! I have ordered all the glazing gaskets from sunview (window makers) and have them in hand, now I need double sided glazing tape. Where to purchase? What is the best brand...ect?! Looks like I need 3/8th width?!

Thank you in advance for any input!
Linsey B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:41 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
I used this tape purchased at Amazon to re-mount one of the radius glass panes into a window frame in my Boler 17. Has a very strong adhesive and seems to work fine. My garden hose test showed it is watertight.

T.R.U. DC-PEF06P White Double Coated Window Glazing Tape: 1/16 in. thick x 3/8 in. wide x 150 ft.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Linsey, the tape I referenced in the above post is intended for re-mounting glass. If you are asking for the appropriate product for re-sealing the aluminum window flange to the fiberglass body of the camper, then I would recommend using a double layer of 3/4" by 1/8" butyl tape.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 AM   #4

Name: linsey
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Thank you John,
it was in fact the glazing tape! I’m set with butyl.....wish it was only the butyl seal that needed some love, my life would be a lot simpler ��
There are just so many to choose from (glazing tape) that I thought I’d check with everyone. Find a quality product! It’s a lot of work and I don’t want to do it again any time soon ����
Linsey B is offline   Reply With Quote