Drawer slides under your baskets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2014, 02:30 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
California
Drawer slides under your baskets

I have been considering doing the same thing you did with the basket, only with a sliding platform and totes as you did with your baskets. How long are your slides, are they full extension sides, who makes them and what was the cost?
I have a '97 16' Deluxe Scamp. So far I have added a second 7 gallon propane tank, (one tank doubles as my BBQ grill tank at home) and plans for adding a second battery.

I have turned the pantry door around so the hinges are on the left side, moving the door enough to the right to cover the old hinge holes on the right, which I then covered with a thin strip of weather striping which serves as a cushion when closing and covers the old holes.

I also re-higned the refrigerator door, hinges on left, so it opens from the stove side.

I also added a hinged shelf to the wrought iron metal that supports the cabinet above the counter. This shelf is used to put a small microwave on.
We bunge cord the microwave to the Iron work and set it on the bed when we travel. The shelf is held up on the outer end by a chain to a Screw hook to the bottom of the upper cabinet. The board fold up against the wrought iron and is bunge corded to it when traveling.

As soon as I figure out how to include a picture I will post it.
Frank
frankcfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Moderator's note: This post was split from another (unrelated) topic. We are working on the link to the "baskets" post to which it refers. If anybody can offer advice on installing (sliding) baskets for storage, feel free to respond before we devise the link.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
storage baskets

Frank is probably referring to a picture in my album. On the other thread about front protection I referred another member to my album to see what I had done in that regard. Frank probably looked in our album and saw the baskets. So here's what I did for my under bed storage. I bought the longest ball bearing drawer slides that Lowes or Home Depot had, 24" I think. The baskets I'm sure came from Home Depot. I had to cut the top lip on one to narrow it due to the space I had to work with. The drawer slides are on their sides, fastened to the bottom of the baskets with the smallest loop clamps I could get. Got them from McMaster Carr but Lowes or HD may have them. Screwed the slides to a piece of plywood, then just 4 screws through the plywood into the camper floor. We use these baskets for clothes storage. Had to make a way to latch them in place to when traveling or they would slide out. Camping World sells a low side basket on slides that all you have to do is screw it down. I put one in place of our furnace and made a front with latch for it. Similar ones can be found at Lowes or HD. Hope this answers the question.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I like these

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...tt=elfa+drawer

They can be used with the slides pictured if just mounted by themselves and I also easily mount the drawers alone with simple aluminum "U" channel cheaply available fro a hardware store.

The drawers are nice and the mesh fine enough that things can not fall through. They are also very light.

I have them throughout each egg I have owned and they are easy to mount almost anywhere and sturdy too.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
California
Thanks Bob I have been wondering about using side slide laying on the floor.
frankcfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Thanks for the link Ed. I saved it for future mods for our future Snoozy.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ian G. built his wine celler using side-mounted drawer slides... but mounted them to the floor. I know, because I asked.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #8

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
If you want to go cheap, I have used those round plastic furniture sliders under totes. It helps them slide out easier.
Also have recently found in someone else's trash, a pair of these adjustable roller sliders that I am going to try under bed tote.
Attached Thumbnails
slideE.jpg   slidersE.jpg  

D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #9

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Here's an interesting website for sliding drawers:
Custom Shelving Soultions - do it yourself Shelves That Slide