Drilling into floor of a uhaul? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #1

Name: Daniel
Trailer: UHAUL CT-13
Texas
Drilling into floor of a uhaul?

Hi all, I am wanting to attach a table mount base to the floor of my Uhaul CT-13. Does anyone know what the floor is made of and what type of screws I should use? Thanks.
Daniel the Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Typically a two sided fiberglass sandwich of 1/2" plywood . Go to the files section and download the parts cross reference spreadsheet. If your bolts that hold the body to the frame haven't been replaced it would be a good time to replace them as they are likely almost rusted through. Easy fix with elevator bolts from lowes or other sources.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
You night want to look at this table mounting system. No need to cut a big hole in the floor or have a 2" cone sticking up above the floor. The base sticks up about 1/2" and the table leg locks into the base.
Eddie
Sequoia Table Leg System - ITC TL4200-27-D - Parts - Camping World
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I don't know if this would work for you but give it a look:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...yst-77423.html
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:47 PM   #5

Name: Daniel
Trailer: UHAUL CT-13
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
Typically a two sided fiberglass sandwich of 1/2" plywood . Go to the files section and download the parts cross reference spreadsheet. If your bolts that hold the body to the frame haven't been replaced it would be a good time to replace them as they are likely almost rusted through. Easy fix with elevator bolts from lowes or other sources.

Neat! I already have the cone base mount though. Do you have this? Does it wobble at all?
Daniel the Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:01 AM   #6

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Drilling into floor of a uhaul?

I have one of the rare VTs which have two tables neither of which uses the cone or socket. The CT options are either to surface mount a socket which stands above the floor or use the socket which fits into a hole drilled through the floor that ends up more or less flush. Or to mount the socket on a stabilizing movable plate with no drilling. The support tube can be purchased in various lengths or cut to fit.
You might want to join the Uhaul Facebook page where you can get specific info from more than 600 UHaul enthusiasts most of whom are CT owners

mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #7

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
Daniel, Like Michael suggested you can come join U-Haul Camper on Facebook where we are about 600 members with about 300 confirmed owners of the U-Haul Camper. There will be several who have already accomplished what you desire and there probably are a few photos of the process. But you are welcome to request to join as you are a U-Haul owner.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #8

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
In my Burro (1st cousin to your U-Haul) there was a new floor installed right before I got it. It was made of 1/2" plywood with textured pickup bed liner coating top, bottom and edges. I simply used one of those spanner-style expandable bits to drill the hole for a socket style post receiver. I then used the cone type socket on the bottom of the piece of formica covered plywood I found for the table top. So far, so good!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul