Driving Dirctions on Long Island NY - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #1

Name: Carol
Trailer: Chalet XL for sale. Hoping to get a Snoozy.
New York
Driving Dirctions on Long Island NY

I am planning a trip to Montauk with my trailer and am trying to figure out the best route that will allow a trailer. I don't think I can go on the Southern State since it is a Parkway and no trailers are allowed on parkways in NYS. However, then it turns into the Sunrise Highway. I thought I could drive over the Throggs Neck Bridge, take 495 East, exit onto Veterans Highway and go south to the Sunrise and straight out on 27 to Montauk. I would prefer going on the Southern State Pkwy all the way since it would take me along the coastline right out to Montauk.

Has anyone drive a trailer out that way to Hither Hills?

Thank you!
CarolMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Long time ago I had to take a car to my daughter in Southampton on a trailer. I think I took the Whitestone bridge. But my favorite route was to go by ferry from New London CT. It's been so many years ago that we were out there that I can't remember the roads, only remember the crazy traffic. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote