Duette oven/heater? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 74 Amerigo
I am for the first time trying to get the oven to work as a heater. Is there a fan on the lower part of the oven that is supposed to blow out warm air? I can get it lit, and have the knob switched to heater on, but the only heat I feel is what just normally escapes from an oven. I can move the oven knob all the way up to 550* and not seem to find much of a difference.

Might I be doing something wrong? Does it usually take quite a while? Thanks
Billb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bill do you have the manual for the appliance? If not, maybe this one in the Document Center will help... Duette_Range-Furnace_Manual. It's a PDF, be patient when downloading. Although it's only six pages the file size is pretty big.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
I am for the first time trying to get the oven to work as a heater. Is there a fan on the lower part of the oven that is supposed to blow out warm air? I can get it lit, and have the knob switched to heater on, but the only heat I feel is what just normally escapes from an oven. I can move the oven knob all the way up to 550* and not seem to find much of a difference.

Might I be doing something wrong? Does it usually take quite a while? Thanks
Bill, there is a fan. It hooked in with a thermocouple that turns the fan on after the oven has warmed up. Once the fan is running you can control the heat with the oven temp. You may just need to wait a while for the fan to kick in. Or, you might have a bad thermocouple or fan motor.

Good Luck!

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I can get it lit, and have the knob switched to heater on, but the only heat I feel is what just normally escapes from an oven. I can move the oven knob all the way up to 550* and not seem to find much of a difference.

Might I be doing something wrong? [b]Does it usually take quite a while? Thanks
Look at the Operating Instructions on Page 3 of the manual in the Document Center that Donna provided a link to.

For heater operation- remove the broiler pan from the broiler compartment and store in a convenient location. Turn the heater Off-On indicator to the "ON" position and then turn the oven thermostat to the 250<sup>o</sup> setting.

The blower will automatically come on in approximately [b]3-1/2 minutes or when the inside of the oven is hot. For heating comfort the oven thermostat can be adjusted to any setting between the range of 250<sup>o</sup> to Broil. Recommended settings are:
  1. 250<sup>o</sup> = Low
  2. 350<sup>o</sup> = Medium
  3. Broil = High
During the time the unit is in use, a safety system is in operation. This system turns the oven burner off when the oven door is opened. This unit was designed this way to prevent the burner from using the air from inside the trailer or camper. Upon closing the oven door the burner will automatically come on in approximately 20 seconds...

[b]In the event the blower should cease even though the oven is at operating temperature- check the following:
[*]Be certain the oven On-Off indicator is in the "ON" position.[*]This unit is equipped with a circuit breaker that may be energized due to a (12 volt) overload. This circuit breaker is located behind the heater On-Off indicator. To reset manually, simply REMOVE THIS KNOB from the control panel and depress the RED re-set button which is located to the left of the On-Off Switch (stem).

To summarize:
  • Flame off, Blower on = Door Safety Switch on right side of oven opening
  • Flame on, Blower off = Red Re-set Button BEHIND blower Off-On Knob
Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 74 Amerigo
Thanks all. I have a flame, but hear no fan and have tried the reset button, but no sucess. I guess the fan must be dead.....
Billb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Thanks all. I have a flame, but hear no fan and have tried the reset button, but no sucess. I guess the fan must be dead.....
Bill - in the installation instructions it says:

(item 5) NOTE:This unit is equipped with a protective circuit device which will make the blower inoperable if the positive (+) wire (red in color) is not connected to the positive side of the vehicle electrical circuit.

So... Check to make sure the installer didn't reverse polarity and shut down the blower.

Hope this helps

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #7

Name: Janine
Trailer: 1973 Amerigo
Michigan
i have the same oven/heater and am trying to remove it to redo the interior. Any advice on how to take off the top. I have the owners manuel but can't get the bushings and screws off. I was able to remove one but the others won't budge. Any advice? Also, how do you cap the line. I'm planing on replacing with an electric cooktop but want to leave everything else there just in case I want to go back to the original stove. I also have all the original paperwork that came with the trailer. If an owners manual is needed by anyone i can either scan it or send to someone. Thanks for your help.

Janine
jazmine525 is offline   Reply With Quote