I was just curious about 110AC/12VDC converters.
1. If I have one hooked up to my 110V shore power circuit, to supply 12VDC to my DC lights
, do I need a cutout switch for my battery
2. If I don't have a battery
cutout, do I run the risk of boiling out my battery
by having it on the circut all the time?
3. And on the flip side, should I also have a cutout switch between the converter and the 110v circuit to prevent charging the 110V circuit, if I don"t want to, anytime I'm running on battery power only?
My reason for asking. I bought a old working Coleman 110V converter at a garage sale, but I only know enough about electricity to be dangerous. Anyone know how these Converter Critters work?
BTW... Merry Christmas Everyone!