Duo-therm parts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Hi everyone,
I have a 1978 Trillium 1300. My Duo-therm furnace does not have a cover(grill) and I would like to ask where might I find a used parts place?
Thanks
BillM
bill m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Do you have a model number for the furnace?

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
This is the grille of the Duo-Therm that I've seen mounted "stock" in the 1970s Trilliums. Bill, is this what your furnace looks like? I do also have copies of the manuals for this model (and so could get a model number if you don't have it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	16937

(Of course it could have been added later and be different, but since I have a photo of the typical stock Trillium Duo-Therm showing the grille I thought I'd post it.)
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #4

Quote:

-- Dan Meyer
Hi Dan,
Yes..it is 65812-002.
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
Bill
Old 11-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #5

Quote:

-- Dan Meyer
Hey Dan,
That looks like the one I pulled off and need to replace. I've looked around online at RV parts places however no one seems to have it as far as I have looked.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 30 ft Hawaiitchiker 5th Wheel (sold my Bigfoot)
Quote:
Hey Dan,
That looks like the one I pulled off and need to replace. I've looked around online at RV parts places however no one seems to have it as far as I have looked.
Thanks,
Bill
You might try RV Doctor, I've found some stuff for my Bigfoot there.
http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/parts.html
Tom Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
You might try RV Doctor, I've found some stuff for my Bigfoot there.
http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/parts.html
You da man Dan,
If I can find it anywhere it looks like it will be the RV doc..I appreciate your help.
Happy Holidays...
Bill
Old 11-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #8

Quote:
This is the grille of the Duo-Therm that I've seen mounted "stock" in the 1970s Trilliums. Bill, is this what your furnace looks like? I do also have copies of the manuals for this model (and so could get a model number if you don't have it).

Attachment 16937

(Of course it could have been added later and be different, but since I have a photo of the typical stock Trillium Duo-Therm showing the grille I thought I'd post it.)
Thanks Raya
Old 11-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #9

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Bill,
Another solution might be to take the old one to a sheet-metal shop and have them make a replacement. The louvers might be a slightly different size, but as long as it functions...who cares? If the shop does stainless steel work for restaurants they might be able to make one fancier than the original.

We hope your Trill soon has a furnace cover,
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:

Attachment 16937

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Raya...I've been slogging through countless threads tonight looking for a reference to the Duo Therm furnace on my 1978 Trillium. My furnace pilot works, but the burner will not ignite. In your reply of Nov 25 2008 you included a photo and said you had copies of the manuals for this model. I'm fairly certain its the same as I have. Mine is model # 65810-002. I'd love to see the manual for this model. Can you help me? Thanks....</span>

<span style="font-family:Arial sans-serif">...Marv Watson</span>
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #11

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
...possibly bad/faulty thermo-coupler???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #12

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Marv, it could be that the pilot is not heating the thermocouple enough to allow the burner to light .
make sure the flame from the pilot is heating the thermocouple well and is mostly centered on it, not having the flame off to one side.
Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #13

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Marvon,

I do have the manuals for the furnace I showed (typical of 1970s Trilliums from what I've seen). I actually had them to hand when I posted; now I'll have to see if I can root around and find them. I've been doing some reorganizing, and you know what that means... "I know I saw that; now where did I put it?" I will look.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote