Edging for Fiberglass - under seat storage area. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #21

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
The "floor" in the closet was built up on some 2 X 2 wooden strips for "legs" at nearly the height of the bottom of the closet door. The floor itself is 1/4" plywood, and was cut to fit with the aid of a cardboard template I made of the area in the closet at that height. It fits snugly in there.

I didn't like the "outlet from hell" that you can't get to either, so I turned my microwave outlet upright. My main reason was because the microwave plug slipped out of it. I had to drill out the rivets in the surround trim strip for the microwave, but I'll never do that again either. I installed Riv-Nuts instead of rivets, so all I need to do to pull the microwave in the future is to unscrew the surround trim strip. (Personally, I don't know why anyone would install an outlet in a place that you couldn't access.) Seems silly to me anyway. I reinstalled it in the same hole so that I can now get to it from inside the smaller overhead cabinet above the microwave. I also drilled a small hole, just big enough for the microwave plug to fit through in the back corner and now the plug is where I can see it. It also doesn't fall out anymore...(gravity is not your friend.) I now also have access to a spare outlet in there for "whatever."
Attached Thumbnails
microwave outlet.JPG   Microwave (2).JPG  

Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote