Edifer Sound - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Looks like my search is over for a very compact speaker sound system to run off of my iPod whilst in the trailer mode.

I've located a micro sized system from Edifer (The Audio Artist)?

The model has a small sub woofer (a tube) and two small satellite speakers. It blasts a WHOPPING 9 watts of power!!! Power requirement is 12VDC. but comes with an AC power adapter. The model is the MP300.

http://www.edifier.com
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 14 ft Burro Wide Body
Registry
Quote:
Looks like my search is over for a very compact speaker sound system to run off of my iPod whilst in the trailer mode.

I've located a micro sized system from Edifer (The Audio Artist)?

The model has a small sub woofer (a tube) and two small satellite speakers. It blasts a WHOPPING 9 watts of power!!! Power requirement is 12VDC. but comes with an AC power adapter. The model is the MP300.

http://www.edifier.com

Thanks Doug!

I was looking for an audio system for my Burro. I found that Radio Shack carries these speakers in the USA, and even better, they are on close out sale for $59.97! I gave them a listen in the shop, and for the price, they sound fabulous; the salesgirl was even impressed. Needless to say, "Mi Burrito" will have Cool sounds!

Mike Kratz
Old 04-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #3

Registry
Just l ked at eBag Canada and they are available there (bids prolly up by now) for about that many Canuckbucks, S/H included with insurance at a small fee.

We haven't tried them out at home yet but a demo in a busy/noisy store (The Source, as Radio Shack is no longer available up here in "Beavertown" ) impressed me for their size and sound!! I have already loaded 1.3 DAYS worth of tuniage (songs) plus about a dozen pre-selected car/trailer pix into the 'Pod'. Just can't wait for our season opener trailer meet at Bigfoot campgrounds here in Harrison B.C the May long weekend to try them out outside
Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Almost any set of computer speakers with a powered sub works nicely.
I found a set in a thrift store for cheap. Make sure they work from 12 volts DC. My converter makes enough electrical noise to come through but sounds nice off the battery. I also have a very small radio that I run through the speakers.
eBay also has a large selection.

Good Luck
Dan M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #5

Registry
Thanks Dan.
Our trailers being so demeure I think size does matter and here is a RARE case where smaller IS better.
Comes complete with a hard sided carrying case ....no more than 2 1/2 inches thick (the woofer) and the satelittes are about 2 inches (maybe) across. The power (9 watts) leaves something to be desired but I can live with it!!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #6

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Does anyone have information about the reliability of the Edifer?

The reason I ask is that I called the local Radio Shack and they had none in stock so I asked them to find one in the district. The computer showed 10 in the district, but the first three stores she called said the units were on the "repair shelf."

Radio Shack has discontinued the Edifer; maybe a high failure rate was the reason.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #7

Registry
Something to keep my eyes (and ears) on for sure. They sold me a 3 year replacement warranty as well