Egg Camper owners, a question about - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Unhappy Egg Camper owners, a question about

Your air conditioner. At least I think it's about that. Last week we were travelling and it got very hot on Tuesday so we used the ac for a day. On Friday we returned home. We went over some rough bouncy roads. When we got home the carpet was soaked from the shower almost back to the bed. I'm wondering if the ac did not drain properly and if enough water could have collected to get the carpet wet. If this is the case, then is it possible the rough roads caused the water to come out onto the carpet? I have emailed Jim Palmer but, being the weekend, have not yet had a reply. There does not appear to be any leak from the shower, sink, or water heater. Any insight and advice will be appreciated. Thanks
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Did you empty your gray water tank at the camp ground before you left?
If not, there's your answer.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I never saw any condensate from my a/c when I had my Egg Camper, not a drop and often wondered where it was going. Never had any water inside either. Mystery continues but there is a plug that goes into the bath drain, did you have yours in?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #4

Michigan
Gray water tank was emptied and plug was in the shower drain.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Not an Egg owner, but it seems likely it was condensate from the air conditioner. Maybe you can find a manual on line to understand how the condensate is supposed to dissipate. If a drain is plugged, I can see this happening.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #6

Pennsylvania
Registry
I do not know how you did it Bob but all my condensate must have gone to your unit and with your own, it overflowed. You can remove the outside cover and look for evidence where it may have overflowed and the a/c removes easily after you remove the screws in the interior trim. You may have a clogged drain but it is supposed to run down that interior
piece of fiberglass to the vent and then down the side. There are 4 screws holding that interior piece down.
While you have it apart looking for your source, consider purchasing a hatch cover to enclose this area to help keep the cold out for winter use. It will also give you some extra storage for stabilizer jacks or water hoses. I did this to my "NestEgg" and it was a nice improvement.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #7

Michigan
Checked this afternoon and found that the ac drain to let the H2O out of the trailer is not plugged, at least what I could see of it. Emailed Jim Palmer again and wondered if I should take it back to the factory. Don't expect an answer until tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #8

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Bob,
With that much water, I'd look for a leak somewhere in the plumbing system. When we picked up our EggCamper, Jim suggested that we check the connections at the shower, inside the smaller street-side cabinet from time to time. I just replaced the hose from the water "street" connection. It was weeping where the hose meets the connector. I also use a pressure regulator also so that I don't put too much stress on the system.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #9

Michigan
Problem seems to be solved. An email and phone call to Jim Palmer took care of it. He sent me a water system diagram. I checked ALL fittings and found the connection from the tank to the pump was very slightly loose at the pump. I'm guessing that I must not have tightened it enough when I winterized last fall. I'm also guessing that the rough road loosened it just enough more to allow it to leak. A small amount of water was still on the floor by the fitting. Thanks to all who responded.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thumbs up

glad it's solved
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I've had to tighten the connection to the shower (inside the corner closet above the AC), a couple of times. Now I routinely check it at the start of every camping trip. I also had a leak at the connection to the hot water heater - I had to take the heater out in order to tighten that one - a real pain in the neck. Like Jim, we've never had a drop from the AC, but once I left the refrigerator door open over night and that caused quite a puddle by the next morning.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #12

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We had a loose water supply hose to our kitchen sink and it dripped very slowly down the hose to the carpet. We would find a wet floor in the morning and thought the coffee maker was dripping. I took out the drawers under the sink, felt the wet supply line, and tightened it all up. No more leaks and wet socks!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #13

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Im glad it was a simple fix.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote