EggCamper Owners-Info Please - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
That was done by Mr. Palmer.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #16

Name: Anne and Rob
Trailer: Shopping for our Egg
Florida
Oh, so he WILL do some changes/add-ons? The talk I'm hearing around here is that you get what he makes and that's it!

Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Depends on how hungry he is ….
Old 03-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #18

Florida
LOL, thanks for all your information Jim. It is most appreciated.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #19

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggRollers View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell? ?

Change is good- right, Jim?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #20

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thumbs up

yes
Old 03-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggRollers View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell?
In my time here Jim holds the record for the most new trailer purchases.

Its rumoured that money has changed hands at rallys over bets placed as to just how long it will take Jim to place an order for a new fiberglass trailer that a manufacture has recently announced they will be making.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #22

Pennsylvania
Registry
Some good reading……..Seven in four...
except now it is 8 in five
Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #23

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
I Have An Eggcamper in Florida

Hi Anne and Bob,
We bought a 2011 Eggcamper last April, which we luckily found on C/L being sold at a dealer in Melbourne FL but previously owned by a forum member who bought it new from Jim Palmer. It is just perfect for us! My husband is 6'4" so we wanted something he could stand up in and the Eggcamper has a 6'7" interior. We wanted AC because we live in Florida😃. We wanted a big bed (we have a special way to make bed long) and didn't want to have to make it from dining or sitting area every night. I don't think an electric stove is standard...we just have the microwave, and free counter space to use an electric skillet or hot plate but we actually cook more outside, especially on our propane stove. If you can request the MaxxFan instead of the standard fan, you will be MUCH happier. We installed the MaxxFan ourselves and it works really well, even in rain....check it out if you don't already know about it. We have made a few simple modifications which you can see on my posts/albums. Latest mod is shelf in closet where spare tire is housed...plan to post pics of that soon. If you can ask for spare tire to be mounted on rear bumper it would free up the closet space for you. Our previous camper...a top of the line pop up....literally fell apart in the South Florida heat and humidity (we do not have a garage) so the fiberglass interior and exterior of the Eggcamper will last. Lots of info here....happy to answer any other questions you may have.
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #24

Pennsylvania
Registry
Here was mine
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00882.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #25

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Letitia,
I just have to put in a word here. Do not rule out "rat fur" on the interior walls of your potential FGRV. At first I was put off by the name AND by the oddity of having carpeting on the walls and ceiling. In reality it makes the interior rather cozy, insulates sound and temperature AND is has a "cool" factor. We found that the smooth, fiberglass interior walls "sweat" a bit when it's cold outside as condensation collects on the walls and windows while the "rat fur" remains cozy. I attach mechanical suction cup hooks Amazon.com - SNAP HOOK Heavy Duty Suction Hooks | Set of 8 | As Seen on TV - Kitchen Towel Hooks the fiberglass walls for extra storage and use cubicle clips cubicle clips | StaplesĀ® or Velcro on the "rat fur" to attach things there. I have attached some photos of my 13' Scamp interior to demonstrate. Best of luck with your decisions.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 043.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg  

Doug's art and Scamp 032.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 034.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #26

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Anne & Rob,
Did you see the ad for the Casita in Florida? I don't know the interior height you require....maybe it's worth a look.
Unless you decided to go to Michigan for the Eggcamper?!?
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #27

Florida
Lelita,

Yes, we did go see it but it really was too tiny for us. My husband couldn't stand up in it and my ample Italian hips could barely squeeze into the dining area! LOL
Thanks for thinking of us though!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #28

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Anne, regarding your original question #2 about a cable TV connection, there is a pretty easy fix without drilling any holes (at least on our 2010 model). If you notice in some of the interior photos, as you are looking at the bed, there is a small angled cabinet on the left above the bed where a lot of people mount their TV (visible from pretty much anywhere in the camper). From inside that little angled upper cabinet, it's pretty easy to: 1) pull out the carpet lining the bottom of the cabinet, 2) feed a coax TV cable between the double walls of the cabin straight down to the storage area under the seat/bed, and then 3) poke the coax cable through the little weep-hole in that back left corner to the outside of the camper. A typical small threaded coax cable connector will just fit through the hole, and once the connector is through the hole, the smaller diameter of the cable itself still leaves enough room for any moisture to weep out the hole. Caution, some cables comes with oversized threaded couplers (I guess for a better grip) that will not fit through the factory weep hole. We used a 25' cable which allowed about 17 feet of cable to reach a cable outlet outside the camper, but the cable is coming out of the camper shell on the door side - away from most utility hookups - so you might still need a short extension cable depending on the camp site. When not in use, you can pull the cable back up through the weep hole and coil it up inside that little storage compartment. You can also use the same coax cable for an outdoor antenna mounted on a pole attached to the rear bumper if the camp site doesn't have cable hook-ups. No photos, but I hope that all makes sense. Dale

Tags
eggcamper