Eggcamper Stabilizer Jack - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #15

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
The information and advice we received from all of you was incredible! For now, we are taking the easy route....just bought a 5/16" Aligning Punch, which seems to do the trick. $6

Happy camping!

2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #16

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Letitia, Just a cautionary note - if you use your rear stabilizers as actual lifting jacks, and you suddenly notice that your door isn't closing like it is supposed to, then you've probably torqued the frame a bit. Drop one of the corners to try to straighten the frame back out flat (play with it a bit, and you'll figure out which one), and the door should close fine again. I really have to watch it with the trailer jacks I mounted on the front corners of ours. My intent is that they just serve as front stabilizers, but it's easy to snug one or the other down just a tad too much, and that can bind the door, too.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #17

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Thanks Dale. We'll remember that!
PS today we are installing an exterior GFRC outlet!
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #18

Name: Stan
Trailer: 2.3L Ford Courier Mini Motorhome Camper
Alberta
Registry
How to use those light stabilizer jacks, please? (picture attached)
Attached Thumbnails
StabilizerJack.jpg  
Old 05-21-2015, 11:52 AM   #19

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
You simply use the handle to "snug" the jacks against the frame (not the springs/suspension!). This keeps the RV from bouncing around when you're inside. I would not attempt to try and "level" your RV with these particular "jack stands". Remember, jack stands are to support a vehicle/rv only and not level or lift. I only use these when I need extra caution before crawling underneath my Scamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier 3.2 View Post
Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 PM   #20

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier 3.2 View Post
Stan, I think you already have the idea, but I've attached a photo (I hope) of a front stabilizer jack like that set up on our EggCamper as an example. First, you level your camper left-to-right (by driving the low tire up on boards, etc.), then front-to-back (using your tongue jack). Then you can drop the two stabilizers on the rear corners of the camper to keep the back of the camper from dropping (and the tongue rising) if/when too much weight inside the camper shifts to the back (it can happen!). Then, as a previous poster mentioned, you can use these small stabilizers on the front corners of the camper to help minimize the camper pitching left and right when too much weight shifts left or right in the front of the camper. The most common front pitching is when someone first steps into a camper with a side entry door near the front of the camper. Placing a stabilizer jack under the frame at the front corner of the camper on the door side will help keep that front corner from pitching down as one enters the camper (or suddenly pitching up as one steps out). I hope that explanation and the attached photo help make more sense of this. Dale
Attached Thumbnails
DSC08034.jpg  
Old 06-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Eggcamper Stabilizer Jack

Since Stan has a molded fiberglass mini-motorhome, I don't think he'll be using a tongue jack any time soon.

With a motorhome, if any leveling needs to be done, it should be by driving wheels onto leveling blocks. After the coach is level, the stabilizers can be snugged up under the frame at the rear corners to stop bouncing from the vehicle's suspension. The stabilizers are not intended to actually lift the coach for leveling purposes.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #22

Alabama
I failed to notice Stan had a mini motorhome, but it's the same principle. If there are two stabilizers ("jacks", plural), I bet they were intended for the rear corners as suggested in previous posts by others. If there was only one, I would have guessed it was intended to be placed near the door to reduce side-to-side pitching as people entered and left the camper's side door.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #23

Name: Von
Trailer: Scamp 19'
California
I have a Scamp 19 that came with rear stabilizer jacks which I removed & mounted
24 in scissor jacks on all four corners. The front jacks that lift the camper for hooking up to the truck has some wiggle which is eliminated with the scissor jacks. I carry a battery operated drill that makes it easy to run the jacks up or down. The trailer has a 3 in lift so plenty of clearance for the corner jacks. I still carry the hand crank handles in case the drill battery runs out of juice.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #24

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Atwood stablizer tool.
Stabilizer Jack Handle Atwood 80480

Tags
eggcamper