I bought 2003 Trillium
outback last year and enjoyed camping and hiking with outback.
I, my wife and my son went camping at Lake Louise campground to celebrate my birthday. We were about to go hiking in the morning but there was plastic melting smell in trailer and then power was out.
I used AC 110v to use electric heater, 1500W at that time.
I came back to Home and went to two RV services to fix it. RV services were already fully booked.
So I took power converter, ELX-25 apart by myself and found electric wire which is connected to aluminum block beside 15/20A circuit breaker was burned.
Please click following link which shows you pictures.
The burned wire accidentally was removed when I pulled out the burned wire a little bit to cut it out. The wire length( wire B ) is around 10cm. So I had to open side cover of power converter to see what it happened inside. There was one disconnected wire( wire A ) inside so I connected the disconnected wires( wire A ) inside box and completely removed wire( wire B ).
It was not working when I connected 110V to trailer after rewiring.
Here are some questions.
1. Did I connect two disconnect wires( A and B ) correctly?
2. I rewired but no power is on. I don't know what went wrong.
Circuit breaker? Power converter?
3. If I replace circuit breaker and/or power converter, power is on?
4. Why hot line is connected to aluminum block if I connected correctly between wire A and wire B? (I can't understand why hot line is wired like diagram.
5. Any comments for solving my problem? any references?
Many thanks in advance. Have a good day.