electrical Help for burro camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #1

Name: Trevor
Trailer: burro 13'
Utah
Registry
electrical Help for burro camper

I have been restoring A burro camper. I Have added a couple Mods to it, A vent fan a fridge, A water pump, and a furnace. I have been told I need an inverter box to be able to power every thing. i Am at loss as to how to wire everything together or what inverter box to get. I do know It has a 120 V breaker inside with two plug sockets. I can plug in the AC cord and get power to one of the lights and the plug sockets but that's the extent of the AC power. Do I wire are all of my new modifications together so that it runs into one positive and negative cable or do I individually wire Each one into the inverter box? I am at loss. if anybody has any information that can help me with this It would be greatly appreciated Thank you
trophymuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
This might help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubby_electrical_02d.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	38072

Click image for larger version

Name:	block1.gif
Views:	43
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	38073
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophymuley View Post
I have been restoring A burro camper. I Have added a couple Mods to it, A vent fan a fridge, A water pump, and a furnace. I have been told I need an inverter box to be able to power every thing...
It sounds like you are talking about a 12V converter, to let you power your 12V appliances from 110VAC power? An inverter would let you use some 110VAC appliances from your battery, briefly.

Regards,

Matt
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
If your elect. service/converter box is like mine, there are at least three knockouts on the back on the 120VAC side for box connectors and Romex or SJ or whatever you're running. Not easy to get at from the sink access door in my Burro so I pulled the entire converter box out of its "hole" to put in a line for microwave. Also have to remove front inside cover plate over the breakers to get access to terminals and buss bar. If you've got 120 receptacles, I'd think you'd simply plug in. DC stuff powered by converter gosinta the DC fuse blocks. I also think you HAVE a converter to power DC from 120 shore power and probably don't NEED or can't provide enuf DC for inverter-served AC.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #5

Name: Trevor
Trailer: burro 13'
Utah
Registry
thanks for all the help. as for my burro camper i bought it for 400 dollars and it was basically stripped. all that was there was the wiring for external lights. all appliances and electrical had been stripped so i have been rebuilding it from the ground up thanks for the diagrams. after studying it all for a bit i think i will be able to wire it all back up.
trophymuley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, electrical