Ensolite bubble help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #1

Name: Brenda
Trailer: Trillium
Prince Edward Island
Ensolite bubble help

The ensolite is coming off the walls and creating an air bubble you can see it between the two windows. How can I re-adhere this without cutting into it?

1977 1300 Trillium
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0899.jpg  
b4240m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
I fixed quite a few bubbles in our Boler. Unfortunately you will have to put a small cut in the middle of the bubble. Then you get a spray nozzle like the ones from a can of WD-40 with the tube and put it on a can of spray contact cement. Put the tube through the cut and spray the inside of the bubble all over. Remove the tube. Push the bubble against the wall and pull it back for about 5 mins. Then press the bubble to the wall again and you're done.
Most of the cuts I made were barely noticeable but I went over them with some Latex caulk any way. now I can't even tell where the cuts were made.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #3

Prince Edward Island
Thanks I will give that a try!
Old 10-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
I had some bubbles - big and small in our 1974 Boler ensolite. Got a hypodermic needle from our local drugstore and sucked the air out. Worked perfectly - no cuts needed. My wife helped - she pusshe on the ensolite while I sucked with the needle.
skyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #5

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
I've renovated over 11 trilliums and the best way I found to permanently fix the problem is peel it back carefully spray glue on the ensolite and camper let it dry for 5 min. then I heated the ensolite with a heat gun and stretched back in place... in the curved areas I rolled up a bunch of cloth about the size of a small pillow then took a long 2x2 with a small flat board screwed on the end to form a "T" and then bind it up in the curves and round corners and let it dry over night.. With a long 2x2 you can brace it against the bins and cabinets to insure it doesn't come loose while it cools, because it will shrink as it cools... This is the best way I found but I usually do this while I have all the windows out, you can carefully peel it back from the windows. when they are removed... Hope this helps Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ststefan View Post
I fixed quite a few bubbles in our Boler. Unfortunately you will have to put a small cut in the middle of the bubble. Then you get a spray nozzle like the ones from a can of WD-40 with the tube and put it on a can of spray contact cement. Put the tube through the cut and spray the inside of the bubble all over. Remove the tube. Push the bubble against the wall and pull it back for about 5 mins. Then press the bubble to the wall again and you're done.
Most of the cuts I made were barely noticeable but I went over them with some Latex caulk any way. now I can't even tell where the cuts were made.
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #6

Prince Edward Island
thanks Randy I do plan on resealing the windows in the spring so I may wait and do as you suggest
Old 11-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Arizona
I have a 1977 boler and am looking for a source for some ensolite but have come up empty--anyone know where/if it is available?
Thanks
Bill rv tech
Bill rv tech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium