Espar diesel heaters / furnace - anyone tried it? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Espar diesel heaters / furnace - anyone tried it?

Espar diesel heaters / furnace? (semi truck cabs and boats)
I posted this a while back but did not get a response, so I added the word Furnace to see if that helps. Has anyone looked at the Espar marine heater / furnace? Seemingly very quiet and super heaters, though a little diesel fuel and tank are needed. They work very well in Semi truck cabs and small sailboats, why not a 13' scamp? Well they do cost around $1200 but they draw far less amps and can run a long time with almost zero noise via several blower and heat output settings. Here is a link:
Espar Heater Systems | A World of Comfort | Air Heaters

Check out all parts of the site, including the video that shows how they work. Espar Air Heater Then look into Ebay, new and used there. I was thinking the small airtronic 2, or 4. In place of suburban or maybe locate under seat? Love to hear some others chime in, I am considering this as a solution as I want warmth all the time, nit just a blast when I power up my Suburban furnace every half hour or so. -Shawn
shawn bertagnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
I used to have the Espar gas heater in my VW Westfalia Camper. It was installed in Germany during the 1985 European delivery trip. After a few years, when my family outgrew the camper, we sold the camper but I transferred the heater to my new Chevy Suburban. When we traveled to snow country it was used very often. On occasion, when we did not want to pull the trailer my wife and I slept in the heated Chevy. The only problem I had was with the glow/spark plug which needed to be cleaned often. The heater was very quiet, much quieter than the LPG heater in my Bigfoot.
George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
We had them when I drove for Knight Refrigerated, They are ok as long as the thermostat part is good.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace