Fantastic Fan a little bit less fantastic - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #1

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
Cool Fantastic Fan a little bit less fantastic

My TT came with a Fantastic Fan installed. I had some problems with it including leaks and at one point, a bad motor. I've called the company three times in the past and each time, the company has sent me the appropriate replacement parts without charge, because the unit was sold with a lifetime warranty. Recently, the 3-speed switch failed and I needed a replacement. When I called to ask about the parts, I was told that the lifetime warranty only applies to the dome cover and that I'd have to pay for the switch.

I'm not complaining, because the price was right ($9 for the switch and $12 shipping and handling) and the customer service person was very nice, but it is a major change in policy by the company.

Another oddity; I have a crack in the screen mount assembly (the piece of flat plastic that holds the controls and the screen) in the fan and decided that as long as I was buying parts, I ought to get a new one of those to replace. "Sorry", I was told, that part is only available to dealers.

I'm a member of a local makerspace and have decided that rather than try to track down a dealer, I'm going to try to create a computer model of the part and cut it on our CNC machine. If I'm successful, I'll post the computer model on thingiverse.
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #2

Registry
I just read on RV.net that Fantastic Fan was purchased by Attwood who closed down the factory and moved the operation to another state. Apparently Attwood has a different ideas of what "lifetime warranty" means than the previous owners. So for the record, what are the alternatives to the Fantastic Fan?
Old 05-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie B View Post
I just read on RV.net that Fantastic Fan was purchased by Attwood who closed down the factory and moved the operation to another state. Apparently Attwood has a different ideas of what "lifetime warranty" means than the previous owners. So for the record, what are the alternatives to the Fantastic Fan?
Airxcel | Maxxair |

Maxx is well liked.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #4

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Hello,

I have fantastic and call the compagny yesterday about my top ligfint motor. They are sending me a new one no question asked. It is my second call for a defect and I aleays get a great service.

I might depend on witch representative you talk to.

Fred
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I think the next vent I buy will be a Maxxfan Deluxe. A truly innovative product.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie B View Post
I ought to get a new one of those to replace. "Sorry", I was told, that part is only available to dealers.

I'm a member of a local makerspace and have decided that rather than try to track down a dealer, I'm going to try to create a computer model .
Davie your create your own sounds good but I am not sure if it helps but Camping World is a dealer who may be able to get you what you need. Might have to talk directly with one of their RV repair shops directly about it rather than the online store though.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
Hello,

I have fantastic and call the compagny yesterday about my top ligfint motor. They are sending me a new one no question asked. It is my second call for a defect and I aleays get a great service.

I might depend on witch representative you talk to.

Fred
I should have asked for a name. Duh. I was just so surprised to hear her ask for a credit card number. Another interesting factoid was that the caller ID when she called back this morning said the call was from Grenada. Maybe they've outsourced customer support offshore?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #8

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I think the next vent I buy will be a Maxxfan Deluxe. A truly innovative product.
I have had 4 trailers with Fantastic and my current Escape with my first MaxxFan, I'll never go back to Fantastic. Head over heels better built and a lot nicer fan vent.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I have used Fantastic Fans in all my rehab units which needed fans.
The quality is great. The fans are very effective.
In my own trailer, the Fantastic Fan has performed flawlessly for 9 years.
While I think the Maxxfan is a fine product, some models cost nearly as much as an A/C unit!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #10

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Not sure what shipping would be, but, $324 Cdn seems reasonable. No remote.
MaxxFan (Smoke) MaxxFan (Smoke)
Only double the totally striped Fantastic 8000, (not even reverse) - $170
Create-A-Breeze Fan Create-A-Breeze Fan
And actually less then the loaded Fantastic 6600, which has a remote - $398
Fan-Tastic Vent (6600) Fan-Tastic Vent (6600)
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I bought the Fantastic Fan 5000 (3 speeds with thermostat) for less than $150 on eBay.