Fantastic Fan operation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Ventura
Fantastic Fan operation

What do you think is the best direction to set the roof vent fan to cool and ventilate it on warm days?

Is it more effective to draw the air out or blow it in? Assuming that windows are slightly open in both cases.
Darrell O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
I've always thought exhausting it out worked better on the hot days. Even if the trailer I get doesn't have a fantastic fan, there would be one in it shortly. It works that well exhausting the heat in my opinion.
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You want it to draw the cooler air which is closer to the ground thru your unit and exhaust it out thru the top where it is hotter as hot air rises. Thus crack a window on the shade side to draw in the cooler air and put the fan on low.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Blow it out and open the window near your bed and cool air will come in.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #5

These answers make sense, especially the shady side tip...sometimes it's the simplest concepts that puzzle me.

I can't think of any situation now where you would run the fan to draw air into the interior.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Maybe if you want to draw cool night air in?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 AM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell O View Post
These answers make sense, especially the shady side tip...sometimes it's the simplest concepts that puzzle me.

I can't think of any situation now where you would run the fan to draw air into the interior.
Possibly if the top is in shade or if the fan is over the bed, some persons like to feel air blowing across their bodies, it is all a personal preference. But having the choice of intake or exhaust is nice.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Ya, count us as ones who has to have air moving across me. We sleep with both a ceiling fan and a window A/C all year round here. That way we can keep the central air set higher which saves on the electric bill and keeps us from have kid popcicles. My Mom on the other hand can not take any air movement whatsoever.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Darrell O Said: These answers make sense, especially the shady side tip...sometimes it's the simplest concepts that puzzle me.

If you R cooking something stinky, open the vent over the stove, make sure door and windows R closed and pull in air with the fantastic fan and the stink will exit the overhead stove vent.

When we use the fan to blow air out and open the window next 2 the bed, we get a breeze that blows over the bed.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
air conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Ya, count us as ones who has to have air moving across me. We sleep with both a ceiling fan and a window A/C all year round here. That way we can keep the central air set higher which saves on the electric bill and keeps us from have kid popcicles. My Mom on the other hand can not take any air movement whatsoever.
Never had AC when growing up , Never had AC in my own home , Never had AC in my lake home, Never had AC in a vehicle until 6 months ago (standard equipment from factory on truck) Scamp has AC- used only once . Fantastic Fan works for me . Open windows on shady side and turn on fan (Exhaust)
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #11

[QUOTE=Darwin Maring;If you R cooking something stinky, open the vent over the stove, make sure door and windows R closed and pull in air with the fantastic fan and the stink will exit the overhead stove vent.[/QUOTE]

Good thinking - the fan pressurizes the trailer and forces the air to escape via the range window/vent!