Faucet help for a '75 Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
I am new to the forum, and jumping right in with a question...hope that is ok! We just purchased a '75 Trillium 1300. We are excited about picking it up this weekend and getting it cleaned up and ready for a trip the following weekend. It is in good shape, but missing a few things. One of the parts missing, is a faucet. There is a sink, but that is it. I have been looking online at photos of '75 Trilliums trying to figure out what type of faucet is supposed to be there. It appears that there is a faucet, then a shorter looking faucet to the left of that one....I know that this is probably something obvious, but what is the other faucet?!? Is it one for cold and one for hot? That was my guess. They say that there is no dumb question....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am going to call the local RV place to see if they stock such a part, but ideas on that would also be appreciated. We are in Nova Scotia.

Thanks for the help!

Kimberly
Kimberly E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Kimberly E... One tap is for the on board water tank...usually a hand pump type. The other is connected to the water hose connection from a park/campground water supply. When I redid our former Boler I put in a bar sink faucet. Hot tap connected to the hose from the 12v. water tank/pump, cold tap to the outside source...campground water.
Here's a pic.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
on_tap___.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
A lot of RV places have online listings. Many have pictures, you can match what you seen to those in the catalouges then call around or order. Here is one example:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/faucet-...rs-fixtures.htm

This one has dealers/distrubuters across North America
http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/chooseState
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Congratulations on your new-to-you Trillium. We are excited for you!

We have a 1978 Trill we call “Tilly.” She was used as a hunter’s cabin and was quite a mess. She is still a work in progress, but we take her down the road as often as we can. She’s a good ol’ girl.

The two faucets are, indeed, one for the onboard water tank and one for hooking up to shore water. The onboard faucet is usually a Rocket faucet with a rocker handle that pumps the water from your tank. Here is a picture of one from the Valterra catalog and a picture of one we have here. They are also used in boats, so if your RV dealer doesn’t have it, a marine dealer will.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_1.png
Views:	22
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	22622

/Users/jacquieghormley/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/08/12/P8120538.JPG

If you look outside at the ‘street side’ of your trailer, you will probably find a hose fitting to attach your white drinking water hose to, for shore water when in a campground.

Sometime in the ‘70s there was a recalll on the frame of the Trilliums. You need to look to see if yours was corrected. Ours hadn’t been and we didn’t know about it at the time. We took a trip around Mt. Rainier, Washington, and when we got home, found this:
/Users/jacquieghormley/Desktop/Picture clipping.pictClipping

It was quite frightening!! This is what it looks like now, having been welded and reinforced.The break happens up front where the frame bends in and up and the bolt comes through to hold the ‘house’ on the frame. Over 3,000 trailers were recalled :-(

/Users/jacquieghormley/Desktop/Picture clipping 1.pictClipping

You also need to check the bolts that hold the ‘house’ to the frame. They can become corroded and break off!.

When you pick up your trailer, before you move it , be sure to check the lug nuts on the wheels, yourself. Never take anyone else’s word for it. Also check the tires and the air pressure. That should get you home.

We will send a personal messge with our home email address. Don’t hesitate to keep in touch! Have fun with your new fiberglass friend!

Bill and Jacquie
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 AM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
OOOOPS!! Sorry. We goofed on some of the pictures. Will send them along later. It's time for bed.

Bill & Jacquie
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium
Thanks so much for the help! I had the epiphany late late last night that the other faucet was probably for the on board water tank. We actually do not have one of those! It seems be have been removed at some point.

Alf, the bar sink taps are a great idea, I will look into that if I cannot find an RV/marine one. I guess we will need to replace our water tank if we want to add a little hot water heater/pump. We have a 16 month old little girl, so I think having hot water would be a definite bonus.

Thanks for the catalogue links Roy, I will take a look at the photos and see what kind of faucet we might want to put in. It will make it much easier to call places to ask what they carry or order online.

Thanks for the reminder to check the frame and bolts. We had someone look at it for us before we bought it, but just a general look at its condition. So we will definitely check out those things out in detail once we get it home. I have a relative who welds so he may come in handy! We will check out your photos when you put them up so we know exactly what we are looking for.

I just can't wait to get it home on Saturday so we can start on the few little fixes and get going!

Kimberly
Kimberly E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium