Faucet repair parts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr
My sister's Compact has a little faucet by the sink for external water; just a knob and a spout, really. But it leaks. I took it apart but it doesn't seem to have a conventional faucet washer. I could replace the whole cartridge if I knew where to find one.

Any recommendations for places to get parts for 1972-era faucets?
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Compact Jr
A little update: My sister dismantled her faucet and mailed the relevant parts to me. I took it in to our local good hardware store (McLendon's) and they fixed me up with a new o-ring and a fresh gasket. I mailed the freshened bits back to Sis, she installed them, and the latest report is that everything is working great! Huzzah!
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #3

Trailer: Teardrop
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hilby View Post
A little update: My sister dismantled her faucet and mailed the relevant parts to me. I took it in to our local good hardware store (McLendon's) and they fixed me up with a new o-ring and a fresh gasket. I mailed the freshened bits back to Sis, she installed them, and the latest report is that everything is working great! Huzzah!
I may thry this with mine.
Jim_B is offline   Reply With Quote