Hi, Well this is part two of my questions... The Scamp
in question is a 1998 13'er Thanks for all your help so far!
Some of these question might be able to be solved through photos by Scamp
owners with a keen eye! So I posted some photo's here: http://www.wosto.com/scamper/
Unfortunately I don't have the Scamp
yet and it is 5 hours away with no one for me to call to verify things, if my questions can't be answered via photo's or general Scamp knowledge then I guess I'll have to wait until I pick it up...
(these are urgent questions since I need to have a hitch installed within the next 5 days... If you have any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated)
1) I need to have a hitch installed this week so that I can go get it. My TV will be a 2003 Honda Element and I've decided on a Class III hitch. The Scamp specs say the ball reciever height is 18"? But when I measured it I got around 13" which is just about what I'm estimating the hitch height will be on my Element. Does this sound right? I'm trying to figure out if I need a rise or drop on my hitch?
2) I'm assuming it needs a 1 7/8" ball? But I've seen some specs that say 2"? Which is right?
3) The darn harness! I forgot to count the pins when I went to see it! I have a blown up photo on the website... But I'm still corn-fused! I've seen a document somewhere that said it can have either a 7-pin or 6-pin adapter? Can someone with better eyes see what this Scamp has? No matter what I'm assuming I will need to have a special harness installed on the Element that does more than just the standard 4-wire stuff? For instance I need trickle to the Scamp battery
for charging don't I? Will the Hitch guy need a wiring diagram or are these things pretty standard? Most importantly, I need to know if I have 6 or 7 pins... Young eyes, help me! If it helps, this Scamp doesn't have brakes
4) Misc. Question - I didn't see rear leveling jacks, are there supposed to be some tucked up under there?
INTERIOR, EXTERIOR AND KITCHEN RELATED:
1) See that dark stain on the wall (upper right of stove)... What is that? The owner (who is the original owner) said it has never leaked and she had no idea what it was. I just thought it might be common, I hope I can get rid of it.
2) I forgot to see if I have a electric water pump... Does my faucet tell me that it is a manual pump? Looks like a strange faucet so I assumed it's manual. If it is I wonder how hard it is to install a pump? Is the water supposed to be potable, this units been sitting awhile, I'm assuming I'd need to clen the system.
3) It has an Ice Box.... I never used or seen one... But from first glance it doesn't look very useful. I've searched some threads here about fridges and I'm hope to find a reasonable solution where I can have a fridge
will connected to campground AC power (I don't care about having it other then when connected to AC). I'd like to have something that fits well and doesn't look too jury-rigged. I'll keep searching the forums but if you have any ideas please let me know.
4) Just as a side note... The furnance thing looks scary. I wonder if they're useful. I wonder if it works?
5) For the life of me I couldn't get the awning
to work... Come to find out I should have been using some crazy hook, claw, crank thing? I didn't see one handy, so I hope it's in there. I've checked the Scamp document on this site as well as the awning
directions. They seem to differ on how to deploy it, but I could be reading it wrong.
1) Okay this one's REALLY stupid.... There is a big plug that comes out of the side for electrical
hook up... It's funky looking, sort of like the 220 plugs, but I'm assuming this is standard campground hookup? Is there suppose to be an adapter for normal 120V connections?
2) I have no idea what a converter is or if I have one... But I'm thinking I really want one! I'm assuming it is some thing that turns AC to DC so I don't have to run off the battery
when hooked up to AC. If I read about the Scamp correctly everything runs off of DC except for the AC outlet and the light
above the sink? Someone said the rear right storage would have the converter if installed (Idon't recall seeing one there, I could be wrong) but beside the heater under the cabinets was a breaker box of some type, maybe it's a surprise converter?! Probably not. If it isn't where can I get a good converter? Brand, Type, Link anything would help.
3) As far as I can remember this Scamp only had one AC outlet (I could be wrong) .... I can add more, right?
4) the whole thing with everything running off the battery
is kind of crazy to me... But I'm hoping the battery gets charged while driving and while hooked to AC?
That's all for now... I'm sure I'm ticking some people off since all of this has probably been answered a million times over. But I am slowly getting the hang og searching the forums and the correct word search algorithms for finding answers!
Your patience and more over your help is very very much appreciated...