Fiber Stream - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Yorkshire
Fiber Stream

I have just acquired a 16ft 1978 Fiber Stream. Does any one have information of the oven/heater, general wiring, brakes, water system etc?
jgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Several of us do,what exactly are you wanting to know?

Also Congrats and Welcome!

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Yorkshire
Fiberstream.

Well I was told that the oven/heater had been disconnected so in wondered how to reconnect it. I believe the brakes are currently not working do I was hoping for diagram so i can fix them :-) Do you know what a typical "on the road" weight would be - I have heard everything for 2500 to 3500 Lbs ...

Thanks
jgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #4

John

I think more details are required to help you troubleshoot these things you are asking?
If you have the trailer in front of you and can not tell for instance if the furnace is connected or not we certainly will have no way of knowing this either,make sense?

There are many,many posts about Fiberstreams in particular and all trailer systems in general here on the site and I suggest trying to search or just just spending some time looking around to get familiar with the basic way these systems work in all trailers.

Most of these have similar workings really and so a general education about them will get you a long way.

The oven/heater you are asking about is a unique unit and only a few of us have seen or operated one,I have not. Mine has separate units.
That said though I would look and see where the connections are and where they seem to not be made,it should be rather obvious I think.

Again the brakes are a system pretty much like most trailers but just telling us they are not working makes it a little tough to help.
Are they connected electrically,does your vehicle connector provide the voltage to even operate them,are the wires leading to the brakes themselves from the harness to the brakes inside the wheels intact and connected?

Normal troubleshooting techniques are the way to find these things out.

If you are not experienced or familiar with working on vehicles in general I suggest taking the trailer to someone who is to have it evaluated and this promises to save you time and aggravation though it will cost money.

Like anything else though the more information you have the better decisions you can make.

If I am off the mark then by all means give us some details and I am sure you can get some detailed answers in return but there just is not enough info yet to be able to help much.

As far as the weight goes,you are in luck though.
Fred has a Fiberstream and is a Professional Scale Mechanic too!
The weight depends on what is in there of course but I know he has a good idea of the range you should expect.

I am sure when he sees this thread he will be happy to chime in as well.

Ed
Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #5

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
First of all,what is your name?
According to his Avatar, his name is "John"...

There's a document center here that has quite a few manuals etc. related to some of the systems inquired about- definitely worth a look to see if there are any relevant to the inquiry. Here's a link to the main page there:

Fiberglass RV - Document Center

A quick look tells me that there evidently aren't any docs there specific to Fiberstreams, but since as noted above many systems are used by multiple brands it's a good place to start.

Good luck with your project!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
According to his Avatar, his name is "John"...

Francesca
Thanks,can't believe I didn't see that?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
John, congrats on your new trailer. .

You will find a thread on this list called Trailer Weights in the Real World where a few Fiber Streams have been weighed at trailer meets - so they are loaded with owners belongings. Weights as you will see range from 2740lbs to 3260lbs.

You might also find some good info on trouble shooting electric brake issues at www.portstrailersupply.com.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgibson View Post
I have just acquired a 16ft 1978 Fiber Stream. Does any one have information of the oven/heater, general wiring, brakes, water system etc?
Welcome John! Just where is Yorkshire? Are you in Canada or are you in Great Brittan? Click on the link below and then click on the "Download" button to get the Range/Heater's owner's manual on your computer.

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Duette Range and Heater

Do you have specific questions about the other topics?