Fiberglass Eggs Which Have Showers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2016, 07:13 PM   #21

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye 29 foot
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Just a little note of wet baths for you Dennis. Some of my buds over the years disliked the wet baths in their slide in campers or small MH's because the stool got wet. Easy way to fix that is to use a large plastic bag over it when you shower. My Casita SD 17s shower curtain covers the entrance door and turns towards the front wall to keep the stool from getting wet. If everything gets wet or not really doesn't make any difference to me in the big picture. On another note, you may want to go to a fiberglass rally or two so you can get a first hand look at some of the makes and models that are out there. Good luck to you.
Good idea Borrego Dave. I also like the chamois idea mentioned earlier as well..
Old 01-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
A squeegee and chamois are perfect pair.
Attached Thumbnails
squeegee.jpg  
Old 01-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #23

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
father and son ???

a bigfoot 17 would work well.....bigfoots have two 41" wide beds (rear sofa and dinette converted) and a wet bath.....two models...G and CB.....I have a CB model (center bath).....eight feet wide...weight is 2800 dry....
Attached Thumbnails
FP.jpg   adoned.jpg  

adonek.jpg   adonekb.jpg  

sig8.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #24

Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
We have a 16 with a shower and potty. We keep the lid down, and it does NOT get wet during a shower. We love our bath shower option, many do not have such or want such. We would never have a trailer without a shower potty option.
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Fran...do you have a photo of the rear... the "sofa"?? My wife wants a "couch" and this smaller footprint...COULD fill the bill!

And I agree 100% with flyboy....no camper without a FULL bathroom (includes shower).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
a bigfoot 17 would work well.....bigfoots have two 41" wide beds (rear sofa and dinette converted) and a wet bath.....two models...G and CB.....I have a CB model (center bath).....eight feet wide...weight is 2800 dry....
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape and Boler
British Columbia
Believe there are casitas and scamps for you to 'view' in the p n w. But very few used escapes are sold in the north a. Market. If you wish to 'view' a 17b escape - i have one that i would 'consider' selling - it is locatted 20 min over the border in south surrey - 2 1/2 hours from seattle (note you are in oregon). Advise 'if' of any interest- could send pics of same. Cda
Lindenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #27

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
If you found one of the elusive UHaul VTs (16'), they have a privacy room with a sink and porta-potti. Most also have a handheld shower attached to the sink. Tight space, though, and everything gets wet along with you! Headroom is probably less than 5'8".
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #28

Trailer: 77' Trillium
we have a 1988 Scamp for sale. we have a nice shower and porta-potti. It has a lot of room when showering for elbows. PM me if interested. I can send you alot of info or you can call Sunday. Asking $7,000.
Nadine Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #29

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine Y. View Post
we have a 1988 Scamp for sale. we have a nice shower and porta-potti. It has a lot of room when showering for elbows. PM me if interested. I can send you alot of info or you can call Sunday. Asking $7,000.

Nadine, I would love to buy an Egg now, but I have to sell my MH first. A lot of great information here. Thanks... I am sure it will help others..

Lindenguy, I wish I could afford an Escape, but my funds are limited since I am also looking into buying a truck or larger car to pull the trailer. Thanks though and I will keep you both in mind when I am ready to buy, which I hope is soon.

Dennis
Old 01-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #30

British Columbia
Registry
Darral...

pic of my rear sofa and a couple more I saved from other peoples rigs to show counter extension ideas/solutions
Attached Thumbnails
adonej.jpg   counter94.jpg  

counter94b.jpg  
Old 01-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #31

Thanks Fran, I LIKE it!! Will pass it on for the wife to view.

But I was just looking back and see where they only have a max 41" bed???? Bummer.... if everything could be shifted enough to get 50" bed or so...it would be workable.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:23 AM   #32

Oregon
Quote:
pic of my rear sofa and a couple more I saved from other peoples rigs to show counter extension ideas/solutions
I really like the color blue of the last picture in your lineup. If I ever have to repair or change the fabric of any of my cushions, I'm going to go with the color blue of that one... Nice photos... Thanks for sharing.

Dennis
Old 01-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #33

British Columbia
Registry
41 to 50 ? good luck Darral

if you fill in to make the bed/sofa wider you run into the fridge and the kitchen....not going to happen in a CB model....

I came up with one mod for a big double that worked well. I posted it before...you can click on my registry link to read/see it. I now travel solo so I don't use that mod anymore. Still like the extra space forward sometimes so I still store the dinette table vertically at different times
Attached Thumbnails
adonejbb.jpg  
Old 01-26-2016, 02:03 PM   #34

Looked at your mod. But I'm like you... a 41" bed a "double"??? Dont THINK so! Wife and I are not large people...average size and the 44" (actual width at shoulders) Scamp bed is TOO narrow for long-time camping to me. That's why I guess they came out with the 52/54"? bed. If I was ordering another 13' I would ask if we could get the wide bed on one side and keep the other side the same...lol. Not sure how we could work it but wouldnt want to lose the big closet.

Anyway... that BF wont work for us.

EDIT: Just had a brainstorm Fran...for my like anyway. We dont like the gas "stove"... so take it out, put the fridge there and we would use the electric plates and a toaster oven as we do now in the Scamp! Not sure if BF would build it that way, but that would allow for what I believe would be a larger bed. My question to you is, how much space is between the back wall and the floor cabinet at the sink? If you get time you could check it, if not, it's not a big deal. Just got my "design" juices thinking...lol. Ah oh...there goes the couch...forget that...geee..... looks like it's back to the BF 25'er!

Quote:
if you fill in to make the bed/sofa wider you run into the fridge and the kitchen....not going to happen in a CB model....

I came up with one mod for a big double that worked well. I posted it before...you can click on my registry link to read/see it. I now travel solo so I don't use that mod anymore. Still like the extra space forward sometimes so I still store the dinette table vertically at different times
Old 01-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #35

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Darryl,
If you want to create a larger bed in a 17' Bigfoot, you need to start with a 1500 series gaucho like this one.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...cture8689.html

If the closet is removed, the gaucho bed (40"X 78") becomes 52" wide by 78" long. Not a very difficult project. In our old Bigfoot we use both beds. The dinette makes a 44" x 80" bed and the gaucho makes a 45" x 78" bed. We never have used the bunk bed (35" x 76")

Dinette Bed Photo by tomNjo | Photobucket