fibreglass cupboard over window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Hi,

at the Emily Bolerama I met an owner who told me they had someone make up a fibreglass cupboard to go over the front window. She said they used a pattern from an old Boler cupboard.

Of course, it wasn't until later that I thought I should ask for the pattern or the name of the fibreglass person or the old Boler cupboard itself ! Duh !

Anyway, if anyone can help with a pattern (or an old cupboard they don't want ), it would be greatly appreciated. I REALLY need some more storage space, and Bubba did not come with cupboards over the windows,

cheers,
Paula
Paula D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Paula,

It's fairly easy to make an accurate template -- in fact more accurate than a template you might get from someone else, because it will be made precisely for your trailer. It's an old yacht fitters technique.

1) Take a piece of cardboard or thin sheet material and trim it to be an interim template of fairly close fit.

2) Secure it in position with tape or whatever. I either use packing tape or duct tape, normally.

3) Make some strips of thin cardboard about 1/2 inch wide and cut to a point at one end.

4) Tape strips to the interim template radially with the points touching the shell of the Boler.

5) Remove the interim template and place on another piece of material designated to be the final template.

6) Mark dots at each point and connect the dots with a line.

7) Cut at the line.

8) You have just made an accurate template tailored to your own Boler.

Note: For one-shot use, in step 5) just place the interim template on the material for the new shelf and do the marking. Then do steps 6) and 7) and your new shelf is made.

Good luck.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Anyway, if anyone can help with a pattern (or an old cupboard they don't want ), it would be greatly appreciated. I REALLY need some more storage space, and Bubba did not come with cupboards over the windows,
I've been wanting to do the same. I noticed Scamp sells the overhead end cupboards for about $135 USD ea. Seeing as how I've heard the 13' Scamps were made from Boler moulds, does anybody know for sure if the Scamp ones will fit the Boler? or are mods required.
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Quote:
I've been wanting to do the same. I noticed Scamp sells the overhead end cupboards for about $135 USD ea. Seeing as how I've heard the 13' Scamps were made from Boler moulds, does anybody know for sure if the Scamp ones will fit the Boler? or are mods required.
Roy
Roy, Where did you see the Scamp cupboards for sale ? I think by the time I get a pattern made, and then pay someone to make a cupboard shell (or worse yet -try it myself !) and then make doors, buy hinges etc, and fit it, $135 USD doesn't sound too bad...!

Paula
Paula D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:32 AM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
Roy, Where did you see the Scamp cupboards for sale ? I think by the time I get a pattern made, and then pay someone to make a cupboard shell (or worse yet -try it myself !) and then make doors, buy hinges etc, and fit it, $135 USD doesn't sound too bad...!

Paula

http://scamptrailers.com/parts/partslist.doc

It's the second to the last item listed under cabinet doors.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote