Finding a product for a backsplash - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 118
Gigi- your thread has made me think of solutions for MY HOUSE. I wanted real tile backsplash, but my hubby is never going to do it for me, and the solutions people spoke of, I could do!!!!!

Well, in our Scamp-there is a piece of wood riveted to the wall for a backsplash- which they had contact-papered, BEFORE they bolted to the wall, so I'm never going to get that paper off the back. I just got it off the front, and have to go back to it with a little razor and, I think, a tweezers to pick off the bits on the thin top and bottom of the board and around the rivet caps or whatever they call them. I can't grab those bitty bits with my fingers.

It was SUCH a crummy 60's orangey-brown flowery pattern.
__________________

__________________
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Benita's Avatar
 
Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Posts: 608
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
Well, in our Scamp-there is a piece of wood riveted to the wall for a backsplash- which they had contact-papered, BEFORE they bolted to the wall, so I'm never going to get that paper off the back. I just got it off the front, and have to go back to it with a little razor and, I think, a tweezers to pick off the bits on the thin top and bottom of the board and around the rivet caps or whatever they call them. I can't grab those bitty bits with my fingers.
Try the Magic Erasers. Mr Clean offered them first. Now 3M, Brawny, and a number of companies offer a similar product. You wet and wipe and most things come clean. Warning: wear gloves to protect your nails and don't use on a surface that you want to stay shiny.

If that fails sandpaper might also be less time consuming.
__________________

__________________
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #17
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation

Quote:
It was SUCH a [b]crummy 60's orangey-brown flowery pattern.
but, but, I like orange...
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Tom Trostel's Avatar
 
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Posts: 1,300
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Well you could have had this fabric on the benches.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...0373&p=70829561

And orange Formica around the stove and sink. And an avocado green cook-top and range hood. But, the backsplash is okay in my Compact Jr.

Weren't the '70 wonderful. Tom Trostel
__________________
1980 Bigfoot 17' & former owner of 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:29 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Gigi's Avatar
 
Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Posts: 327
Quote:
Gigi- your thread has made me think of solutions for MY HOUSE. I wanted real tile backsplash, but my hubby is never going to do it for me, and the solutions people spoke of, I could do!!!!!

Well, in our Scamp-there is a piece of wood riveted to the wall for a backsplash- which they had contact-papered, BEFORE they bolted to the wall, so I'm never going to get that paper off the back. I just got it off the front, and have to go back to it with a little razor and, I think, a tweezers to pick off the bits on the thin top and bottom of the board and around the rivet caps or whatever they call them. I can't grab those bitty bits with my fingers.

It was SUCH a crummy 60's orangey-brown flowery pattern.
Bravo, Deb! There's nothing like sharing and a meeting of the minds! There are posted some great links here!

I can imagine that pattern!
__________________
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:30 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Gigi's Avatar
 
Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Posts: 327
Quote:
but, but, I like orange...

Ah, Frederick, being the devout Alabama fan I am, I hate orange!!!
__________________
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Gigi's Avatar
 
Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Posts: 327
Quote:
Well you could have had this fabric on the benches.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...0373&p=70829561

And orange Formica around the stove and sink. And an avocado green cook-top and range hood. But, the backsplash is okay in my Compact Jr.

Weren't the '70 wonderful. Tom Trostel
Tom! I like that fabric (in the right place, anyway!). The last few years have brought lots of 70's patterns back! Everything is cyclical, I suppose 15 years from now everyone will loath our renovations! Anyone tired of the mauve and blue that was here forever!!!
Personally, I'd take your fabric over all the yuko mauve and blue stuff!

Cheers!
__________________

__________________
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formica backsplash over Scamp rat fur? peterh Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 53 10-05-2017 10:38 PM
Neat backsplash idea Jenny W. Modifications, Alterations and Updates 15 12-06-2010 01:01 AM
Kitchen & Backsplash kconley Modifications, Alterations and Updates 10 08-24-2010 03:16 PM
Looking for RV Part (not sure of the product name) Robin G General Chat 6 11-24-2009 11:54 PM
Another great wax product Keith Williams Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 4 04-13-2007 07:48 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.