Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms

In my tent trailer there is a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide dector and gas detector. There is a fire extingusher by the door. I realized it is canvas and the potential for fire could be high. Funny when you read the fore sal adds it always says never cooked in. With the hundreds of photos I have looked at I don't see any of these In the Egg trailers. Am I just missing them?
Don ravinerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #2

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Well I do have a smoke alarm & carbon monoxide detector one may not notice them.

I also carry in my van a high pressure 5.5 pound extingusher plus the little useless one in the trailer.

Plus I never cook in my trailer much prefer the BBQ.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Many have the extinguisher but they are often in the closet by the door. Newer units probably have the detectors but older ones would only have them if installed by the owner
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #4

Name: Don
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
I figured some may have installed these since they would not have been around back in 1975. In my Trillium there is no fan or vent at the stove to exchange air. I can always open some windows for ventilation or the roof vent. I haven't gotten the furnace going yet and I know ventilation is important with any flame. I can sure pick up a dual monitor and mount it.
Don ravinerat is offline   Reply With Quote