First trip under our belt ! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #1

Name: Kat
Trailer: 13' scamp
Minnesota
First trip under our belt !

Just an odd question is it normal for the ceilings to sweat on trailers ? Drops and drip along the ceiling ridge . ( maybe it was to cold out )

We for sure found a do not stay place : ) backed right up to their leach bed and dj bar just steps away blasting till bartime followed by a foulmouthed fight running thru our campground lol .
Screaminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hi Kat,

We have had cool nights up here.

Keep a window and the escape hatch cracked. We put off a lot of water while breathing.

We only use an electric heater when it is cold so we are not making condensation using fuel, it is why we got a Scamp without a furnace.

Best option is to stop breathing, and I don't think you want to do that.

If you are able, join us for the Taylor's Falls gathering Sept19-22. If you are new to this you can learn lots from veterans.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #3

Kat,

I don't know where in MN you are but there is also a gathering at St. Malo, Manitoba Aug 16/17. If you have a passport you should come. No electric sites left. It is between the border and Winnipeg, so not too far north.

For you the neat part would be all the vintage trailers to see. Lots of remodels and lots of information you could pick up.

At both gatherings there will be lots of fun music in the evenings.

Nancy
Old 08-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
We only use an electric heater when it is cold so we are not making condensation using fuel, it is why we got a Scamp without a furnace.
It makes no difference if you are using electric heat or a gas furnace. The gas furnace gets air from the outside and vents to the outside ( if it didn't, you would be dead ). There is a heat exchanger that transfers heat to the inside ( same as in your home ).
But, you do exhaust moisture when you breathe, and the warm moist air condenses on the colder walls and ceiling. Only way around that is to open a window for ventilation.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #5

Name: Kat
Trailer: 13' scamp
Minnesota
I guessed breathing of 4 in a closes space would do it ! I honestly have not check the gas stuff since I had a mishap the day before we left ( trailer popped off my truck coming over a bridge and pushed tank back into battery - need to test lines for leaks now . ) we have furnace and stove , ran fridge on 110.

We drove right threw Taylor's Falls both out and back . Nancy , we are west of Mpls in Watertown , Mn . I see we tow 13 ft scamps with the odyssey : ) - can you send me info on stuff in our area . The Canada one is a bit to soon DH and I have passports but kids need them yet . Thanks and I'll tell hubby to stop breathing next trip lol .
Screaminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
.......But, you do exhaust moisture when you breathe, and the warm moist air condenses on the colder walls and ceiling. ........
Yes, more than you would think. I've tented in cold weather and was surprised at all the frozen water vapor on the tent fly in the AM - just from one person
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #7

Kat,

Our Honda provided lots of trips and we loved it. It is our second car now as it has the transmission judder. We just started pulling with a new Rav4 6 cyl. We may take the Odyssey to Taylor's Falls in order to carpool to places in the area.

Can't tell you about places in your area as we are from the north.

visit the rally/gathering thread. Either scroll down until you find the MN gathering, or use the state feature to find a gathering in the state you are interested in.

Cricket and her family will be coming with their 13 Scamp. It will be their first gathering. Tyler and his boys are hoping to be able to make it, but he doesn't know yet if he can get the weekend off from work. Anyway, it seems there will be children at this gathering.

We sure hope you can come. If you play any musical instruments be sure to being them along. Let Pete and Jackie know you are coming. Our music events end around 10:00 so the noise won't keep you awake all night. I can assure you there will be no foul mouth fights!

Hope you got your trailer gas and hitch in order. Sounds like a story to tell us all about. Hope you can come join our huge family of Scrambled Eggs.

Nancy