During our "shakedown" cruise the whole drain assembly at the bottom of the shower went away. I finally got around to calling Scamp
this past Monday morning. Talk about fast! I had the parts by Tuesday noon. Of course, it helps that we're in Minnesota, too! This note will go through the steps I followed to replace the trap.
First off... the hole in the bottom of the trailer that leads up to the drain cover wasn't the same size as the drain trap assembly. Some things change! A chisel, grinder, and dremel got me down to this:
(Click to embiggen.)
What I wanted to do was make a good surface for attaching and expose all the parts that could possibly get wet.
Next off I tried to find a length of 6-32 fine-thread screw stock. No luck, so I ended up JB-water-welding two flat-head screws together. I then screwed one end into the base of the drain. That gave me this: