Fixing windows on 1977 Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
I have a 1977 Scamp with windows that prop open... not really sure how to describe them, so I'll try to attach a picture. (BTW, does anyone else have windows like this and/or know what are they called?)

I've read several posts from brave folks who have replaced and/or removed and re-sealed their windows... but I thought I'd start with something "easier" (ha ha). I took the window apart (just the center pane that swings out) and thought I'd replace the gasket (or is it called a "spline"?). Turns out I can't find it anywhere in town.... I found the following by perusing the Helpful Links section on this site, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same.

http://www.technologylk.com/catalog/1283/C...Glazing-Spline/

I also want to replace the weather seal stuff that slides into the top groove in picture #3, but I'm having trouble matching that, too.

Does anyone else have experience replacing the gasket (weatherstripping? spline?) on windows like this? Any suggestions or advice?

I also need to replace a couple of the metal pieces that prop the window open. (The one in this picture is intact, but they're broken on a couple of other windows.) Has anyone else done this already?

Thanks in advance for any input/advice/BTDT stories!!

Rebecca
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3954.jpg   IMG_3968.jpg  

IMG_3971.jpg  
Rebecca H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Rebecca,

I would contact Scamp, I have called them on my Mothers 1995 and my best friends 1979...Once you explain it to the parts dept I am sure there may be leads and tips they can give you...If stumped after that then hit the boards with the question again...keep checking this post I am sure others have hit this wall before you and may respond.

I found many of the seals in boat catalogs.

Harry
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I wish my windows opened like that, sigh.

Other than as Harry suggested, you can check some places on the Helpful-Links:
Moldings.
In particular Trim-Lok, there's hundreds of rubber moldings. They only wholesale, but can give you a possible dealer in your area.

Also, try Windows and Window Parts, you may have to supply the same pictures as what you've posted to some of these vendors.

Good luck
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
I have been looking also for the same items you are looking for. I located some 5" window levers from vintagetrailersupply.com (made by Hehr) for $14.36. They are close to what I need but the price keeps me looking for something different that will fit better. If you locate any levers please let me know. Thanks-Lisa
Lisa Rynearson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp, windows