floor plan search - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #1

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
floor plan search

I love my '82 Burro with its double fiberglass wall (and no wall carpet)- but it is a 13 foot without a bathroom or air conditioning. Sigh. I'm ready to wave goodbye to Bennie the Burro and upgrade but would like to find something used with two single beds to avoid the crawl over problem with the double. Any suggestions?
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
There may be others but the 17' Casita Independent or Liberty come to mind. They are not double wall and have the carpetting but they do have the sleep configuration, bath, and air.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue and Henry View Post
I love my '82 Burro with its double fiberglass wall (and no wall carpet)- but it is a 13 foot without a bathroom or air conditioning. Sigh. I'm ready to wave goodbye to Bennie the Burro and upgrade but would like to find something used with two single beds to avoid the crawl over problem with the double. Any suggestions?
Here's a recent thread where having single beds was one of the criteria.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ean-77959.html

...it's something to start with anyway...

Good luck!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Here's a recent thread where having single beds was one of the criteria.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ean-77959.html

...it's something to start with anyway...

Good luck!
Mike, That is perfect! Thank you so much - the original poster could be us! The solutions look promising. Time to get busy!!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:13 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Casita 17' models are somewhat heavy, especially on the tongue (averaging about 3200 pounds with 415 pounds tongue weight). If your tug can accommodate that, or if you're planning to upgrade, fine. If not, the Liberty is also available in the 16' length. Know that the Independence and Liberty do not have a separate dinette area.

Side dinette models from Casita and Scamp can be used as two separate beds- one person takes the big dinette and the other takes the small dinette. Ditto the Scamp 16' side bath model. The bath is small but complete, it has a second bed across the front, and way more galley space than any of the others.

If you really like the smooth fiberglass interior of your Burro, and you can live with an all-electric set-up, you might want to check out the EggCamper, also a double hull design. It can also be set up with one bed across the back and one along the side. Some early builds did include propane. Very spacious and fairly light for their size. I don't think any are being made right now, but used units appear from time to time.

Lots of ways to get what you want if you look beyond traditional side-by-side twins. You could even modify the big dinette to make a U-shaped bench with a single bed across the back (with the sides still available for dining) and use the side dinette or front sofa for the second bed. In 17' or less, that's actually the best way to get two beds and a place to eat, along with a galley and wet bath, all at the same time.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #6

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Several other possibilities come to mind. The pricey but high quality Oliver has a two-single bed configuration. So does the Li'l Snoozy but like the Egg Camper is all electric. The Escape 17B has a double plus single bed and the single is more spacious than some. All 17' and 17.5' Bigfoots similarly.
With a little perseverance and patience you have a lot of options and should find something to meet your needs.
Good luck and let us know how you fare.

Walt
Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #7

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Two beds

I usually go alone so I removed the heavy bunks & replaced with a slightly larger , custom mattress. That way I can leave the dining table set up . When 2 up , I drop table for second bed .
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #8

Washington
Registry
Jim, Walt, Dave and Jon,
Thank you! Now I'm going to live in the for-sale section. I'm visiting all the sites looking for layouts. You have all been wonderful!
Sue

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
floor plan search

Here's a thread about an EggCamper modified to a twin bed arrangement. You can also see how a small folding table was used to make a dining space without moving the beds.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...mod-75545.html
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote