Floor replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #1

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Floor replacement

The wife and I have a 1972 Boler which has a wood floor that needs to be replaced. I am wondering what type of fiberglass should I buy epoxy or polyester? The reason I am asking is that we want to make sure that the floor adheres to the walls. I have searched long and hard on the forum and no one has shown the specifics on how they did replaced their floor and fiberglassed it back in.

Any guidance would greatly appreciated

Thanks!!!
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 71 compact Jr
New Jersey
Registry
The west system from west marine is by far the the best it is an epoxy resin. Theirs all kinds of fillers to mix into the epoxy to bond dissimilar materials availabe with the system I use 406 . Also tons of videos on how to use all the additives. Its expensive but well worth the money. Epoxy by the Leading Epoxy Manufacturer | WEST SYSTEM Epoxy get the rollers and pumps it makes fiberglassing so simple.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #3

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Great advice. We bought some of this brand and it pays off when we fix the floor
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote