Flooring - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 16 ft
Quote:
For those that are glueing or using self stick anything, make sure you have a solid, clean surface and use additional (proper) adhesive for self stick anything. I removed my carpet, glued and screwed a piece of luan (thin plywood) down, then used the peel and stick tiles with a recommended additional adhesive. I also keep a matt sealer on it so that the joints stay sealed and water can't seep between.
There a lots of options. I think the floating wood/laminte floor might be the way to go as far as ease of installing AND repair. I'm still glad I put the carpet on the raised portions. Kinda the best of both worlds.
Good tips to know about installing lino. squares, thanks. I just want a durable floor that's easy to keep clean. I wonder if anyone has ever done a sprayed in liner, like in truck beds? Durable but somewhat ugly. The wood lam. floors look great and everyone says they wear well. Decisions, decisions....
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 1986 23 ft Road Ranger
I have seen vinyl flooring that looks just like the laminate flooring. The problem we had when looking was that the more realistic looking vinyl was that it was only available in a width that was much wider than we needed (and thus, way more expensive). We would have had to much waste.
Rick and Shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have cork flooring in our kitchen that I am putting in my Boler.It's easy to install (no underlay foam) and holds up great .To refinish a coat of Polyeurathane makes it look like new.The best thing about cork is it's warmth underfoot on those cold mornings. Good luck.
randyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...The problem we had when looking was that the more realistic looking vinyl was that it was only available in a width that was much wider than we needed (and thus, way more expensive). We would have had to much waste.
I recall a previous discussion in which someone mentioned that the 12-foot width of the sheet flooring was enough for the whole length of their trailer floor, so they only need a few feet (the width of the floor area). Maybe not such a bad fit after all? Rick and Shannen, how wide was this product?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
well the wife and i went out today and bought parquet flooring will post as soon as were done..unadvertised special at menards .79 per sq foot....
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #26

Trailer: 1986 23 ft Road Ranger
Quote:
I recall a previous discussion in which someone mentioned that the 12-foot width of the sheet flooring was enough for the whole length of their trailer floor, so they only need a few feet (the width of the floor area). Maybe not such a bad fit after all? Rick and Shannen, how wide was this product?
I am pretty sure it was 12' wide but we only wanted to do the "lower" floor, not under our dinette. We didn't want to do the raised area under the dinette because we were unsure of how to finish the edge of the "step" off. We aren't very handy type people.
Rick and Shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #27

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
I am pretty sure it was 12' wide but we only wanted to do the "lower" floor, not under our dinette. We didn't want to do the raised area under the dinette because we were unsure of how to finish the edge of the "step" off. We aren't very handy type people.
I know what you mean. In the Trill that step did pose a challenge. I ended up using a pine 1x3 or 4 ripped to the correct width and then used the trim peice made to finish the laminate flooring. I think the single trim peice cost me the same as an entire box of floor peices and it is the weakest link in the entire floor.
In use it does not look like a different finish as in the picture,I think the flash makes it look more different than normal.

The key to any of these mods for ma has been to practice patience I seem to need a lot of practice.
Attached Thumbnails
Step.JPG  
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #28

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
If you`re doing the floor with a good sheet flooring why can`t you use one piece and glue and wrap it up the kickup in the floor? ... Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:25 PM   #29

Trailer: 80 Trillium
Send a message via ICQ to Timmer Send a message via MSN to Timmer Send a message via Yahoo to Timmer
Hey Gang, I had plaved a post a year or so ago with pictures of me putting a new sub floor in due to wood rot from an old leak. I ended up putting down some linolium floor. used 3m glue. Over the last two winters the floor has held up well to the temperture change. I lost my hard drive and lost all the pictures i had of the restoration. I was peed off for sure. But the floor still looks mint. I wanted to keep the hard wood look. so i managed to get that type of pattern.

My Dad knows how much i hate stick and aluminum trailer. he brought over a 1985 Linol 120 I Had a field day with the sawz all LOL kicked all the cabinets in and turned the unit into a util trailer woo hoo! Just thought Id Id that into my reply..

All the best on your flooring choice.
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 PM   #30

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I have finished adding laminate floor to my RV. Take a look!

My Casita Laminate Flooring
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote