Flooring and Frame Paint Advice? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Jeff-- actually, it is a before picture, but I really don't get much on me anyway (experience does count) Yeah, your paint shop was blowing smoke at ya.... One doesn't need thinner and you don't need to spray it if you don't want too, either. We have sprayed it with a simple solvent gun (also known as a suction gun-- about $8 at Harbor Freight) and my friend uses his primer gun- neither one of us thin it (and cheap lacquer thinner works, too, POR 15 thinner isn't needed) And 2 quarts would have been more than enuff. The 55 inside roof took less than a pint.... And I don't really think their Blackote is really needed either, the Compact tongue (POR 15-no topcoat)has been exposed to Eastern WA sun for a year now and still looks good. Sooooo
anyway good luck on your project keep up the good work later Larry
Hey Larry

I failed to mention I did apply a couple coats of Tremclad Primer as well before top coat was applied (thats 5 coats of paint 2 coats primer for the frame and 9 coats combined on the problem area /2 coats of stone guard). Should last quit a while. And as the pic shows I stone guarded (primed and painted as well) the problem area on the Trillium Frames. $135.60 for two quarts of Por-15 here in Canada. Don't ya hate when shops blow smoke? I do. Next time Larry I'll save up a bit before hand and purchase a paint brush. Just had the time and wanted to getter done. And allow for my other upgrades.

Thanks Again Jeff
Attached Images

Jeff Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #22

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
I think I checked once and tremclad is not available in the US. Does anyone know how I can buy it?
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #23

Quote:
I think I checked once and tremclad is not available in the US. Does anyone know how I can buy it?

Hey Don

I believe the equivalent to Tremclad is Rust-Oleum in the US.

http://www.rustoleum.com/default.asp?SBL=1 (USA) (there is a locate retailer at top right of page)

http://www.rustoleum.com/brand.asp?f...nd_id=41&SBL=5 (Canada)

Good luck: Jeff

Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Jeff,

I LOVE how your camper is turning out! "The Hive" is absolutely perfect!! Is the flooring you got the kind that was mentioned earlier that comes on a 12' roll??? I really like it--especially since we'll be traveling with 2 messy pugs!

Great Job!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Jeff,

I LOVE how your camper is turning out! "The Hive" is absolutely perfect!! Is the flooring you got the kind that was mentioned earlier that comes on a 12' roll??? I really like it--especially since we'll be traveling with 2 messy pugs!

Great Job!!
Hey Vickie

Thanks. "The Hive" it is! The same reason, I bought it for my 2 English Field Springer Spaniels (messy). Installs in just two pieces in total (main floor and table floor) rugged and removes easily to clean. Actually I purchases it by 4 foot width and by the foot in length ($7.95 per foot = $71.87 Taxes included). Just take these two notes: 1 - that this is Rubber flooring not Vinyl flooring (thicker and more rugged). 2 - The reason why in my flooring pics you see the lines in the flooring going sideways in the RV not lenght wise, is that the main floor is over 4 feet wide and it allowed a full piece install.

It also stays in place with out the sliding and bunching.
Good luck and thanks again.

Cheers: Jeff

Tags
paint, painting