Florida egg owners... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #15
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Registry
I live in the wet sauna known as Summertime Florida. When I am not fortunate enough to be sun birding it up north in a cooler, less humid location, I keep the trailer plugged in. Actually, I keep it plugged in during the "winter" months also. I run a dehumidifier set for 45% humidity in it whenever it is not in use. I use the dehumidifier's hose drain and run it into the sink/gray water tank, and I have a garden hose attached to the gray water dump cap directed to a nearby flower bed. By doing this, I do not have to empty the bucket every couple if days, the inside of the trailer stays dry, and the flowers prosper. Also, the trailer is under a carport which keeps the FG from being exposed to UV.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #16

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
I live in the wet sauna known as Summertime Florida. When I am not fortunate enough to be sun birding it up north in a cooler, less humid location, I keep the trailer plugged in. Actually, I keep it plugged in during the "winter" months also. I run a dehumidifier set for 45% humidity in it whenever it is not in use. I use the dehumidifier's hose drain and run it into the sink/gray water tank, and I have a garden hose attached to the gray water dump cap directed to a nearby flower bed. By doing this, I do not have to empty the bucket every couple if days, the inside of the trailer stays dry, and the flowers prosper. Also, the trailer is under a carport which keeps the FG from being exposed to UV.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Another good idea! Thanks so much CPW! "Sun birding" it up north...love it! Can't wait for that myself. So...your plug in
is to accommodate the dehumidifier then? No AC on? Ahhhh, a car port would be wonderful, yes!

Old 07-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #17

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: none at present
Kentucky
Registry
We keep a Damp Rid hanging in our Scamp all the time. We are in KY. Very hot and humid here this summer (as usual). We have to toss the old one and put a new one about every 3 weeks. I leave the bathroom door open and hang it on the shower rod. Really works great for us. We buy it at WalMart.
Enjoy your Snoozy, glad you have it at home. I bet it's awesome!
Old 07-25-2016, 03:24 AM   #18

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
We keep a Damp Rid hanging in our Scamp all the time. We are in KY. Very hot and humid here this summer (as usual). We have to toss the old one and put a new one about every 3 weeks. I leave the bathroom door open and hang it on the shower rod. Really works great for us. We buy it at WalMart.
Enjoy your Snoozy, glad you have it at home. I bet it's awesome!
Hey there The Wanderers! a hanging Damp Rid..that's a great idea!! Excellent...i'll do that!You bet it is great to have it here now.We're anxious to get going with it! 19 months and counting until the hubs can retire (hopefully!!) So until then, we'll do things to get
the "Pearl" ready to go! Thanks for that thought...i'll check on a hanging one!