Florida egg owners... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Florida egg owners...

Hi again...Gosh, I'm becoming an addict with this forum!The best, best place to get lots of advice ...you all are just great!! OK...we're new owners of a Snoozy in~ Orlando & wondering what the consensus is among owners in this state about keeping your unit plugged in ...all the time? Wondered...if I just removed things that could get damaged by mold, like the two twin beds and the simple couch cushions, if it'd be OK to just ...cover it, maybe crack a window a little? Of course, that'd REALLY let the humidity in, so...what are your thoughts?

Would the lovely wood cabinetry get ...funky in those conditions?? That's really all there'd be to worry about...i guess?! Yikes...never anticipated this issue.
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I leave my unit plugged in 24/7 while at home.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #3

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
If I leave my unit connected 24/7, I have to add distilled water to the battery every year. No need to add water if I connect the unit for a week and disconnect for a month. The converter has trickle charger add-on.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I remove the bed sheets and such and the rest stays with a side window and the roof vent cracked a bit each. Fridge off with door open. I have used shore power or one 100W solar panel to keep the battery topped off. Both work well but sometimes it is easier just to plug in than deploy the solar.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #5

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Maybe check in with the Lil Snoozy section of this forum for that specific camper. They might know just the thing.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I agree that you need to watch the batteries and they should be checked once a year, just like your automobile. I'm fortunate to have mu trailer in my yard and it is opened at least every other day and I ventilate it. I also have solar and I can segregate my system so that it alone will charge the batteries, as a result it is a more gentle charge. Having the unit so convenient allows me to make changes inside very easy as well as prepare for my next trip easier.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:16 AM   #7

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
South Florida here. I have had trailers for years. I leave most everything inside except food and clothes. Keep the roof vent full open with the max air vent covers on them. Keep fridge open. Hang a dish towel over door to prevent it from closing. No mold issues on the inside yet.
TappyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:30 PM   #8

Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappyGee View Post
South Florida here. I have had trailers for years. I leave most everything inside except food and clothes. Keep the roof vent full open with the max air vent covers on them. Keep fridge open. Hang a dish towel over door to prevent it from closing. No mold issues on the inside yet.
Thanks so much TappyGee...sounds good,~ what if you don't have a roof vent? We plan to have a max air fan installed so I guess, i could leave that one open a bit ...plus the cover on the Snoozy?
Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #9

Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I agree that you need to watch the batteries and they should be checked once a year, just like your automobile. I'm fortunate to have mu trailer in my yard and it is opened at least every other day and I ventilate it. I also have solar and I can segregate my system so that it alone will charge the batteries, as a result it is a more gentle charge. Having the unit so convenient allows me to make changes inside very easy as well as prepare for my next trip easier.
Appreciate the advice cpaharley2008...that's a good idea. Ours in in the backyard too & I do go out there alot...it's just so darn..HOT!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #10

Florida
Lil Snoozy section of this forum? How cool is that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
Maybe check in with the Lil Snoozy section of this forum for that specific camper. They might know just the thing.
Heyyyy thank you so much TheWanderers! I didnt know that...~You've made me a happy girl!!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
I remove the bed sheets and such and the rest stays with a side window and the roof vent cracked a bit each. Fridge off with door open. I have used shore power or one 100W solar panel to keep the battery topped off. Both work well but sometimes it is easier just to plug in than deploy the solar.
Thanks Timberwolf! I'm getting it now...there are options!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #12

Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
If I leave my unit connected 24/7, I have to add distilled water to the battery every year. No need to add water if I connect the unit for a week and disconnect for a month. The converter has trickle charger add-on.
I didnt know that about the distilled water in the battery...Thank you so much sokhapkin! So much to LEARN but you all are just so great & will ing to help the newbies. Much appreciated!
Old 07-23-2016, 07:13 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
Lil Snoozy

Hi guys ,I hope the drive back was good and Greg found his keys . Since you are getting the Max fan have it put in and let it run and crack the door window just a little and run the fan and leave fridge door open.I would open all the cabinets and let the air circulate . Good Luck with your new to you Snoozy it was a pleasure to meet with you guys Jim and Loree
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:38 AM   #14

Florida
Smile Hi ~ Jennykatz! :) Wow...that's YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Hi guys ,I hope the drive back was good and Greg found his keys . Since you are getting the Max fan have it put in and let it run and crack the door window just a little and run the fan and leave fridge door open.I would open all the cabinets and let the air circulate . Good Luck with your new to you Snoozy it was a pleasure to meet with you guys Jim and Loree
Hey there Jim...great to see you here!! It was indeed just fine, thanks..a lil squeeeeeeze getting it into it's new home space in the back yard,that's for sure,but we did it! That sounds good..another option to keeping it plugged in all the time.I'd worry, when we're need to be gone for a good while about leaving anything plugged in like that. We went to the boat guy yesterday ...he can do ANNNNNYTHING it turns out, so he'll install the fan definitely when we get it in. Good idea, about the cabinets &fridge~ open. Will do! Denny Wolfe thinks he met you in Seminole sp a while back! what a small world isnt it? He may be at the rally, so it'll be so much fun to meet so many of these really wonderful folks! You & Loree were just fantastic to meet and do this "adoption" with!! Thank you so much again for all your help and cooperation! Hope your new "baby" arrives...SOOON!!! Hugs!!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #15

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
I live in the wet sauna known as Summertime Florida. When I am not fortunate enough to be sun birding it up north in a cooler, less humid location, I keep the trailer plugged in. Actually, I keep it plugged in during the "winter" months also. I run a dehumidifier set for 45% humidity in it whenever it is not in use. I use the dehumidifier's hose drain and run it into the sink/gray water tank, and I have a garden hose attached to the gray water dump cap directed to a nearby flower bed. By doing this, I do not have to empty the bucket every couple if days, the inside of the trailer stays dry, and the flowers prosper. Also, the trailer is under a carport which keeps the FG from being exposed to UV.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #16

Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
I live in the wet sauna known as Summertime Florida. When I am not fortunate enough to be sun birding it up north in a cooler, less humid location, I keep the trailer plugged in. Actually, I keep it plugged in during the "winter" months also. I run a dehumidifier set for 45% humidity in it whenever it is not in use. I use the dehumidifier's hose drain and run it into the sink/gray water tank, and I have a garden hose attached to the gray water dump cap directed to a nearby flower bed. By doing this, I do not have to empty the bucket every couple if days, the inside of the trailer stays dry, and the flowers prosper. Also, the trailer is under a carport which keeps the FG from being exposed to UV.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Another good idea! Thanks so much CPW! "Sun birding" it up north...love it! Can't wait for that myself. So...your plug in
is to accommodate the dehumidifier then? No AC on? Ahhhh, a car port would be wonderful, yes!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #17

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
We keep a Damp Rid hanging in our Scamp all the time. We are in KY. Very hot and humid here this summer (as usual). We have to toss the old one and put a new one about every 3 weeks. I leave the bathroom door open and hang it on the shower rod. Really works great for us. We buy it at WalMart.
Enjoy your Snoozy, glad you have it at home. I bet it's awesome!
Old 07-25-2016, 03:24 AM   #18

Florida
ventilation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
We keep a Damp Rid hanging in our Scamp all the time. We are in KY. Very hot and humid here this summer (as usual). We have to toss the old one and put a new one about every 3 weeks. I leave the bathroom door open and hang it on the shower rod. Really works great for us. We buy it at WalMart.
Enjoy your Snoozy, glad you have it at home. I bet it's awesome!
Hey there The Wanderers! a hanging Damp Rid..that's a great idea!! Excellent...i'll do that!You bet it is great to have it here now.We're anxious to get going with it! 19 months and counting until the hubs can retire (hopefully!!) So until then, we'll do things to get
the "Pearl" ready to go! Thanks for that thought...i'll check on a hanging one!