Free standing shelter: Compact junior - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #15

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Hi Kent
We purchased it about 5 or 6 years ago at Canadian Tire. The price may have gotten higher over the years but should still be under $150. Another option would be to add velcro to a screen house and make your own sides.
OR what about taking the back out of a full sized wall tent and attaching it to the trailer?? That would give you everything, all in one, screens, windows, doorway, plus a floor....just an idea if you can find one that's as high as the top of the door.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #16

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Hi Kent
We purchased it about 5 or 6 years ago at Canadian Tire. The price may have gotten higher over the years but should still be under $150. Another option would be to add velcro to a screen house and make your own sides.
OR what about taking the back out of a full sized wall tent and attaching it to the trailer?? That would give you everything, all in one, screens, windows, doorway, plus a floor....just an idea if you can find one that's as high as the top of the door.
I've thought about doing that with my tent. (Which I bought about a year before the trailer so it is practically new.) I figure I might have to sew a boot for it that would fasten around the trailer. That would make a really nice extra room, and the tent is lightweight and easy for one person to set up. Then the regular tent front door would become the door to outside, back wall would have the boot to get up into the trailer.

Bobbie

Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #17

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Jim, thats were you put the potty............now I know were to put the rubber snake
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #18

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
James Kent: Do you know the Brand or manufacturer of the screen room since Canadian Tire carries several different brands
Old 11-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #19

Ontario
Rick
Yup! under the blanket and surounded by the green haze.
:

Kent
That was perchased several years ago and i don't think that there is still a tag on it.... At my age I'm lucky to remember where I keep it in the off season.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #20

Ontario

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oastler_Lake_Prov_Pk_Sept_2007__24__1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	16759

Here's a little different view. This was the set up, at Oastler Lake Prov park, with a home made nylon fly on the trailer and the two fly's overlapped. There was a pretty good wind that day that lifted the flys but everything stayed in place. It is pretty bulky to haul along. it's about 14 inches in diameter when rolled and about three feet long. Plus there's a big bag of poles. When we take a travelling road trip we often leave the dining shelter behind and just take the fly and a couple of poles. I've been thinking about the tent idea for a couple of years but there aren't too many that are tall enough to reach over the door. It could be fastened to the trailer awning rail and dome fasteners on the trailer sides. Maybee take a tent ,cut out the back, and add a tunnell to fit.
I'll keep thinking about it. Lightweight nylon, dry floor, packs smaller and lighter, no poles to snag the dog, able to leave trailer window wide open in wet weather, hmmm...