free stays / Walmart camping - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #21

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I usually will pull into a Pilot (or similar) truck stop and park off way to the side. Then in the morning, run in for a shower ($5-7), cup of coffee and donut before shoving off. Most good truck stops will provide towel, soap and shampoo. Can also fill up with gas. I do not carry water in the tank due to weight. The convenience is worth the small amt. of money to me. Much less than what I would possibly spend at Wal-Mart.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
An acquaintance was telling me about a Wal-Mart stopover, where they were awoken in the morning asking them to move, because the trucks were rolling in to set up a midway.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #23

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Well I've done the overnights at 5-6 ones that are not allowed. 3 of them due to needing a repair part. (Southern Alabama, Florida) I won't do them again I guess. . Then a RV park in S Alabama to dump tank and water up.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #24

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I like truck stops, but then I'm generally just catching a few hours nap rather than 8 hrs. and breakfast. I think generally the fact that truckers are coming and going makes it a safer place.

It pays to scope out the area and use good judgment if the area seems sketchy or the store has heavy security move on. If the clerks at the gas station are all behind bullet proof glass what do they know that you don't?
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #25

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Have not tried a Wal-Mart yet. We try to find a cabellas or camping world. Some Camping worlds actually have electric hookups on a first come basis.
Jim and Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #26

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Overnighted at two Cabellas, most recently the one next to I-25 in Lone Tree, Colorado, just south of Denver. Absolutely no issues except I was in the regular parking lot, it snowed that night, and the plows came early and often. The other Cabellas was in Nebraska. That one had a real RV camping area. Pristine bathrooms. When in the morning I went to settle up and mentioned we hadn't hooked up to any services they waived any fees, wished me bon voyage.

Guess I have overnighted at a couple dozen WalMarts over the years, from Pennsylvania to Arizona. Never had a problem, have nothing but the highest regard for their inside amenities. Found truck stops like the Flying J, TA, by comparison, very very truck noisy.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote